That's right woodchuck chuckers, it's GROUNDHOG DAY!

CessnaDriver

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
.. and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today.

nedryerson.jpg

cb23f85af44aa6a9b616937efeac872a.jpg

groundhog-day-900.jpg

Attachments

• nedryerson.jpg
    nedryerson.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 265
  • groundhog-day-900.jpg
    groundhog-day-900.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 208
  • cb23f85af44aa6a9b616937efeac872a.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 200
  • nedryerson.jpg
    nedryerson.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 149
  • cb23f85af44aa6a9b616937efeac872a.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 111
  • groundhog-day-900.jpg
    groundhog-day-900.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 118
Last edited by a moderator:
"When the Groundhog Day musical debuted on Broadway in 2017, Murray went to see it and was moved to tears during the performance, as the New York Times reported him saying when the show was over: "The idea that... (Mr. Murray trailed off, trying to collect his thoughts)... The idea that we just have to try again. We just have to try again. It’s such a beautiful, powerful idea."

Ahhhh thats why its back on Sky Movies..... And thats why i'll be compelled to watch it....Again......and probably again....

And again.

NED!!!

Has it ever been theorised as to how long Phil was living the same day over..... and over.... and over.

Ahhhh thats why its back on Sky Movies..... And thats why i'll be compelled to watch it....Again......and probably again....

And again.

NED!!!

Has it ever been theorised as to how long Phil was living the same day over..... and over.... and over.

Oh yeah, it was a long long time.

[h=3]Time loop duration speculations[/h]In relationship to the spiritual interpretations of the films, many have tried to estimate how long Phil supposedly remains trapped in the loop, in real time, with a wide variance in estimated values. During filming, Ramis, who was a Buddhist, observed that according to Buddhist doctrine, it takes 10,000 years for a soul to evolve to its next level. Therefore, he said, in a spiritual sense, the entire arc of Groundhog Day spans 10,000 years.[18] Deezen noted that the second draft of the screenplay called for Phil to be cursed to live the time loop for 10,000 years.[9] In the DVD commentary, Ramis estimated a real-time duration of 10 years. Later, Ramis told a reporter, "I think the 10-year estimate is too short. It takes at least 10 years to get good at anything, and allotting for the down time and misguided years he spent, it had to be more like 30 or 40 years."[47]
In 2005, Rubin said, "Ultimately it became this weird political issue because if you asked the studio, 'How long was the repetition?', they'd say, 'Two weeks'. But the point of the movie to me was that you had to feel you were enduring something that was going on for a long time ... For me it had to be—I don't know. A hundred years. A lifetime."[48] In 2014, the website WhatCulture combined various time duration assumptions and estimated that Phil spent a total of 12,395 days—just under 34 years—reliving Groundhog Day.[49][50]

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back