Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Subscribe
    Apr 4, 2018, 9:54 PM - Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Project update: Apr. 3) #101

NoahSimpson said: View Post
    I could go for that. You could set up a paypal system so you actually get all the money you deserve rather than something like Etsy taking a cut.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    yeah, i have a ko-fi account, which could be a handy way of doing it.

It's basically a donations site for artists/makers that lets you 'buy a coffee' for someone (it's just money in multiples of $3 via paypal), and then I could just email them the pattern. we're still a little way from that, but I think that'd be the easiest way to handle it.
  2. Lord Commander RPF Premium Member Gordon Gekko's Avatar
    From
    Tejas
    Apr 5, 2018, 8:33 AM - Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Project update: Apr. 3) #102

robo3687 said: View Post
    I hope so. But I don't know how it's all going to play out just yet. It's looking increasingly likely that if I put them out it'll just be the patterns at this point as the amount of time required to do the accompanying tutorials I was wanting to do just isn't looking feasible. And even then, the patterns themselves need some work before they'd be releasable.

There is also the option of releasing them as is with a pay what you want donation type setup.
    I would be more than happy to pay you a set price if you release them as is. This thread itself is serves as a basic tutorial.

-GG
    Apr 6, 2018, 2:24 PM - Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Project update: Apr. 3) #103

I agree. I have one coat, but I would gladly pay for it.
    Apr 11, 2018, 7:52 PM - Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Project update: Apr. 3) #104

*sigh* this is why I should have never had a break...

Ever since Easter, the long weekend and daylight savings ending I've been in a bit of a funk, all out with my times and just have trouble getting going with things. Last week I tried to start back up again and started attaching the fur to the collar for Coat B. I then had another few days without working on it and after waking up and finally feeling good today I settled in for a nice long day of sewing.

It was going well: I sewed down the big long edge of fur, and even though it went on a bit unevenly, I knew it'd smooth out once it was all together.
    Then I turned it over.
    And noticed it was backwards...
    The long end of it (for covering the face) was on the right...not the left.

It turns out that last week, in my foggy state, I had sewn the fur to the wrong piece of the collar. I'd sewn it to the outside piece, and not the facing (inside) piece as I should have. I then compounded the problem today by continuing to sew it.

So now I have to unpick the fur, cut a new outside collar piece (I drew markings on this one that make it unusable) and then redo all of it.

yay -_-
    From
    Northern VA
    Apr 12, 2018, 6:27 AM - Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Update: Apr. 12) #105

Donít get discouraged! The coat will look amazing when youíre done!
    From
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Apr 12, 2018, 7:02 AM - Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Update: Apr. 12) #106

Yeah, ^what MAJSmith said^, robo3687...

Don't let this stumble get you down; you're doing something really special with this project (Really AMAZING, too!)

Hang IN there, "Joe"
    4 Weeks Ago  Apr 21, 2018, 5:29 AM - Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Update: Apr. 12) #107

just checking in....I'm still alive. The build is too. Haven't been working on it as much, but things are getting closer.

I'll have some more solid updates sometime next week..
    4 Weeks Ago  Apr 21, 2018, 12:35 PM - Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Update: Apr. 12) #108

Good to hear. This project is really exciting to see
  9. Member Since
    Feb 2018
    3 Days Ago  May 16, 2018, 8:32 PM - Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Update: Apr. 12) #109

Hey!! Any updates on this project?? I literally started a profile on this site just to closely follow this tread. I am so anxiously awaiting info on how this project is turning out for you. I am still very interested in purchasing a finished pattern and making one for my boyfriend. Good luck!!!
    2 Days Ago  May 17, 2018, 9:05 PM - Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Update: Apr. 12) #110

cgolfersprinkle said: View Post
    Hey!! Any updates on this project?? I literally started a profile on this site just to closely follow this tread. I am so anxiously awaiting info on how this project is turning out for you. I am still very interested in purchasing a finished pattern and making one for my boyfriend. Good luck!!!

well, I am indeed still alive, as is this build. That said, progress has obviously been slower than I'd hoped lately due to a bunch of stuff out of my control....BUT!

I'm currently getting back into the swing of things with a less than a week panic build of my Han Solo jacket that I likely won't get finished in time for the premiere, if anyone wants to follow along with that, you can find it here: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=289019

Once that's out of the way, I'll hopefully be back into the groove of making things, and I'll return and finish this build.
  11. Member Since
    May 2018
    4 Hours Ago  May 20, 2018, 6:13 AM - Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Update: Apr. 12) #111

that is a great job I have seen this coat on the internet on different websites and most of the websites are selling this coat, even though they have edited the picture and there is a lot of websites selling this coat in leather version rather than the waxed coat as I believe they do not have the formula of glazed waxed. During my visit to Canada in the last December, I was needed a trench coat as Toronto was very cold and the temperature was under 10, so I did purchase one in green color. with the writing in the back. At that time I don't believe anyone as selling the cotton version, which I will now this year just as a collection. I looked at your patterns clearly but it is not my specialty so I will simply share the photo of the coat I purchased, You as the expert can determine if it was the right choice for me and if should buy the wax version/ In this coat you can see the writing in the back and collar wraps around the face
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ryan-gosling-2049-blade-runner-officer-k-green-coat-800x800.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	818293Click image for larger version. 

Name:	officer-k-green-nexus-code-800x800.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	818294
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 (2).jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	818292  
    Last edited by Frank366; 4 Hours Ago at 6:15 AM. Reason: spelling mistake