Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Subscribe
    Apr 11, 2018, 7:52 PM - Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Project update: Apr. 3) #101

*sigh* this is why I should have never had a break...

Ever since Easter, the long weekend and daylight savings ending I've been in a bit of a funk, all out with my times and just have trouble getting going with things. Last week I tried to start back up again and started attaching the fur to the collar for Coat B. I then had another few days without working on it and after waking up and finally feeling good today I settled in for a nice long day of sewing.

It was going well: I sewed down the big long edge of fur, and even though it went on a bit unevenly, I knew it'd smooth out once it was all together.
    Then I turned it over.
    And noticed it was backwards...
    The long end of it (for covering the face) was on the right...not the left.

It turns out that last week, in my foggy state, I had sewn the fur to the wrong piece of the collar. I'd sewn it to the outside piece, and not the facing (inside) piece as I should have. I then compounded the problem today by continuing to sew it.

So now I have to unpick the fur, cut a new outside collar piece (I drew markings on this one that make it unusable) and then redo all of it.

yay -_-
    From
    Northern VA
    Apr 12, 2018, 6:27 AM - Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Update: Apr. 12) #102

Donít get discouraged! The coat will look amazing when youíre done!
    From
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Apr 12, 2018, 7:02 AM - Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Update: Apr. 12) #103

Yeah, ^what MAJSmith said^, robo3687...

Don't let this stumble get you down; you're doing something really special with this project (Really AMAZING, too!)

Hang IN there, "Joe"
    Apr 21, 2018, 5:29 AM - Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Update: Apr. 12) #104

just checking in....I'm still alive. The build is too. Haven't been working on it as much, but things are getting closer.

I'll have some more solid updates sometime next week..
    Apr 21, 2018, 12:35 PM - Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Update: Apr. 12) #105

Good to hear. This project is really exciting to see
  6. Member Since
    Feb 2018
    May 16, 2018, 8:32 PM - Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Update: Apr. 12) #106

Hey!! Any updates on this project?? I literally started a profile on this site just to closely follow this tread. I am so anxiously awaiting info on how this project is turning out for you. I am still very interested in purchasing a finished pattern and making one for my boyfriend. Good luck!!!
    May 17, 2018, 9:05 PM - Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Update: Apr. 12) #107

cgolfersprinkle said: View Post
    Hey!! Any updates on this project?? I literally started a profile on this site just to closely follow this tread. I am so anxiously awaiting info on how this project is turning out for you. I am still very interested in purchasing a finished pattern and making one for my boyfriend. Good luck!!!

well, I am indeed still alive, as is this build. That said, progress has obviously been slower than I'd hoped lately due to a bunch of stuff out of my control....BUT!

I'm currently getting back into the swing of things with a less than a week panic build of my Han Solo jacket that I likely won't get finished in time for the premiere, if anyone wants to follow along with that, you can find it here: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=289019

Once that's out of the way, I'll hopefully be back into the groove of making things, and I'll return and finish this build.