Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    4 Days Ago  Feb 16, 2018, 5:29 AM - Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Pic Heavy) #26

MAJSmith said: View Post
    That's great looking fur!!!
    Yeah Iím really happy with it. I think the pile might be maybe a few millimeters short but it was the closest I could find.

óó-

today was really productive. I assembled the rest of the front facings/linings and started actually assembling the full lining itself. And the good news is, it fits. And it sits exactly how i wanted it to. And itís warm, which I wanted too. Pictures will come once itís a bit more together, but Iím really happy with how itís turning out.
  2. Member Since
    Feb 2018
    1 Day Ago  Feb 19, 2018, 4:02 PM - Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Pic Heavy) #27

This is an awesome replica!!! My bf asked me to make one for him but im not super great at pattern making. Please please make this pattern available for purchase!! I'd love to learn pattern making but I dont know where to start.
    23 Hours Ago  Feb 19, 2018, 8:47 PM - Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Pic Heavy) #28

cgolfersprinkle said: View Post
    This is an awesome replica!!! My bf asked me to make one for him but im not super great at pattern making. Please please make this pattern available for purchase!! I'd love to learn pattern making but I dont know where to start.
    I will be offering it at some point.

--------------------------

now, I have fully sunken into the process of making these coats and as such, the detailed posts about things are now going to be done once the build is finished.
    I'm now 80 hours into it (in 12.5 days) and I'm having to copyedit my novel by the 2nd of March at the same time (of course they'd spring that on me at the same time I was doing this...lol), so my days are filled. But they are coming.

in the meantime here's a few shots of where the build is at:

Today I'm putting all the sleeves together, I did one complete one as a test run the other day and now I've got the production line going on the others.

and here's all the bits for Coat A. All the bits of Coat B are on another lounge just out of shot....there's a lot of bits....:

and finally I think I'm almost happy (almost...) with my colour for painting the coat, here's the latest test:

overall, I'm really happy with how it's going, I'm on day 13 of the build and it's looking I'll be done before I hit 3 weeks.

Stay tuned.
  4. RPF Premium Member Mechanized2400's Avatar
    From
    Dallas, TX
    23 Hours Ago  Feb 19, 2018, 8:53 PM - Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Pic Heavy) #29

That’s some professional looking work

great job.
    12 Hours Ago  Feb 20, 2018, 7:59 AM - Re: robo3687's Officer K Coat Build - Blade Runner 2049 (Pic Heavy) #30

robo3687 said: View Post
    and finally I think I'm almost happy (almost...) with my colour for painting the coat, here's the latest test:
    https://i.imgur.com/UEifFzX.png

Stay tuned.
    Ooooh. What colour is that if you don't mind sharing? Looks very close indeed. I've already settled on and ordered my colours, but not too late to try something else.