Building a better X-Wing: Revell's 29th scale kit plus Falcon3Dpart's upgrade details

Re: Building a better X-Wing: Revell's 29th scale kit plus Falcon3Dpart's upgrade det

I really like that the electronics board is nice & small, it makes working it into the model easier. Since a lot is going on inside the hull of my 29th scale model, the small size is really helpful. What's also nice are the inclusion of three potentiometers you can adjust using a small screwdriver and turning the knob: they adjust the engine flicker rate, the color of the engine lights and the color of the cockpit's blinking dashboard lights. Also has a changing LED light for the droid's eye, which changes back and forth between blue and red.

Pictured from left to right: Captain Cardboard's 1/24th studio scale, Revell's 29th scale, MPC's 43rd scale and FineMolds' 48th scale hulls. Plus Falcon 3D Parts X-Wing Light Controller on the right.

AC X-Wings and Controller.jpg

Re: Building a better X-Wing: Revell's 29th scale kit plus Falcon3Dpart's upgrade det

I really like that the electronics board is nice & small, it makes working it into the model easier. Since a lot is going on inside the hull of my 29th scale model, the small size is really helpful. What's also nice are the inclusion of three potentiometers you can adjust using a small screwdriver and turning the knob: they adjust the engine flicker rate, the color of the engine lights and the color of the cockpit's blinking dashboard lights. Also has a changing LED light for the droid's eye, which changes back and forth between blue and red.

Pictured from left to right: Captain Cardboard's 1/24th studio scale, Revell's 29th scale, MPC's 43rd scale and FineMolds' 48th scale hulls. Plus Falcon 3D Parts X-Wing Light Controller on the right.

View attachment 843989

Doing one of these myself. What board is that?

Doing one of these myself. What board is that?

Cameron, here is the link: https://www.falcon3dparts.com/colle...ing-upgrades/products/x-wing-light-controller

Just a bit of info if you're working it into the 48th scale FineMolds kit: the board fits nicely into the hull, but you'll need to be creative and pre-plan for the wires, LEDs and fiber optics. Be sure to test-fit/dry-fit to have a look at where you want to run the wires, LEDs and optics.

Fitting the X-Wing Light Controller board into the hull, forward of the cockpit.. If it weren't for my modifications including the three model mounts and the metal wing pivot armature, the board would also fit well behind the cockpit or inside the belly underneath the wing pivot system.

AC 29th X-Wing w Light Controller.jpg

Update: created new proton torpedo tubes. The kit merely hints at these with some slight indentations and a streak of gray color.

AC 29th scale X-Wing proton torpedo tube.jpg

Have cut away some of the side walls of the cockpit set to gain better access to the underside of the panels that will be receiving fiber optics. This also helps to make more room for running the fiber optics & electrical wiring through the X-Wing's hull.
_DSC3311 redither 01 smaller w credit.jpg

I am doing this kit also. I just got my falcon 3D replacement cannons today. I have the brass tube and will start this weekend. I’ll post pics when done. I didn’t think of putting aluminum tube through the hull. I’ll have to try this. My plans were to have my X wing in a non flight display. I’ll use small magnets on the inside of the wings. They don’t close flat on their own. I will also use the 1/30 Luke and R2 standing on the ground with a ladder for Luke. It’s a lot of work.

I have this kit, and I am really looking forward to seeing what you do with the metal wings!! Falcon 3D should go ahead and make a complete kit :)

Just received new parts for this build from Falcon 3D Parts. I asked if they could print their 43rd scale Millennium Falcon exhaust fans a little smaller so I could work them into the intakes, and they came up with something much better: new engine housings with the fans already printed in! Very happy with the look and fit of these new parts! :)

AC comparison X-wing intakes 3Dprint - set - Rogue One.jpg

Am in the process of testing various different color schemes to match the original New Hope X-Wing's engines, so far this one looks best. Still have some untried ideas in mind and a bit of testing to do.
www.falcon3dparts.com's engines, lighting system and clear insert pieces are a real help for this.

AC X-Wing engine lighting.jpg

Currently working on what seems a bazillion metal parts. Complete metal skeletons for two 29th scale X-Wings (red ANH and blue Rogue One versions) is very time-consuming. Plus working on the 12th scale Y-Wing and the large Merchantman freighter from ST III - TSFS.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back