"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. . . .". Which text color is accurate?

Re: "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. . . .". Which text color is accurate

I would have to go with Harmy's version. It looks closest to my DVD copy of the Laserdisc. The GOUT version seems to close to purple.

Re: "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. . . .". Which text color is accurate

The text was originally white.
gallery-1432667442-ep4-bts-13904866909.jpg

79820b773a77cd223410bee6b82fcb65--opening-credits-star-wars-opening.jpg

Here's an earlier version of the crawl I've just come across.
15453366712_6c34d60e32_o.jpg

The first (dark blue) one is what I recall. From the theater.

Around 1978 my best friend’s dad obtained a bootleg (letterbox) copy on Betamax that we watched countless times. I recall the picture being surprisingly good - not a cam recording but a transfer. A couple of years ago I contacted him and I think he still has the cassette.

He also made audio cassette recordings of Star Wars and ESB with the audience. I wish I could find those.

Last edited:

I was 13 and saw it in the theater once a week for several months. The far away was a darker blue, similiar to the top left and the crawl was definitely yellow. The reason I remember is I tried to replicate both on 8mm.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back