scratch built 1/2 scale ww2 willys jeep

Spartan177

20161204_145732.jpg

this started when my son wanted an electric car being the tight sod i am and not liking the idea of plastic gears and motors i decided i could do better i used a 13hp ride on mower for the engine and rear gearbox some quad bike wheels and a set of lights from a motorbike everything else was fabricated from steel with no plans just 100's of pictures i had no intention of making it quiet so detailed i just couldn't help myself once i started i have lost a lot of my pictures and am slowly getting them back off old phones and memory cards il keep trying to find and post what i can IMG_2749.JPG IMG_2754.JPGIMG_2771.JPGIMG_2780.JPGIMG_2839.JPGIMG_2928.JPGIMG_2194.JPGIMG_2198.JPGIMG_3005.JPGIMG_2274.JPGIMG_2346.JPGIMG_2347.JPGIMG_2461.JPGIMG_3135.JPGIMG_3149.JPGIMG_3287.JPGIMG_3306.JPGIMG_3337.JPGIMG_3355.JPGIMG_3372.JPG

This is unbelievably cool. I wanted nothing more as a kid than to have one of the little electric jeeps/cars, and this is so much better than those. I'm a grown man and I'd find a way to drive that thing hah. Well done!

This is unbelievably cool. I wanted nothing more as a kid than to have one of the little electric jeeps/cars, and this is so much better than those. I'm a grown man and I'd find a way to drive that thing hah. Well done!

cheers truth be known i wanted an electric jeep as a kid to ( never got one :( ) i wouldn't call myself a fully grown man lol but i have had a few laps round the garden bit of a squash but you can just about get 3 of us in it and still goes with no struggle dd.jpgddf.jpg

Absolutely brilliant what a lucky son you have ( are you up for adopting a fully grown man ) I would be proud to call you my father !!!
whens the full size version being built ?

Last edited:
cheers truth be known i wanted an electric jeep as a kid to ( never got one :( ) i wouldn't call myself a fully grown man lol but i have had a few laps round the garden bit of a squash but you can just about get 3 of us in it and still goes with no struggle

I love those pictures. I never got one as a kid either, maybe that's why I had to buy myself the full-sized version a couple years ago!

Thats a whole lot of AWESOME there!!

I used to have a 63 Willy and I loved that thing more than my Vette or Trans Am

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back