Blade Runner Secret Cinema London - March 21, 2018

Remote People

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This should be pretty good for those who can make it...

https://tickets.secretcinema.org

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 12.16.13.png

I'm going up from Cornwall with my wife on Saturday April 28th.
I know it's supposed to be secret but a lady of my acquaintance works for one of the London borough councils and says there was a planning application put in for the show at the same venue used for the Moulin Rouge show. She couldn't say any more but I have checked and it turns out that show was done in an old Wickes warehouse in Canning Town high street, so I booked a room in the Canning town Ibis hotel just in case she's right.
Since I booked my tickets they have added 'after-show-party' to the website listing, on all ticket types, and I have found out that licence runs until 2am. Party on! (oops, sorry, wrong movie).

Last edited:
Yeah I need to start thinking about accommodation too. Last time I went to one it was the Back to the Future one which must've been...2014? It was at the old olympic Park which was a bit of a pain and was very out of the way.
Wondering what's going to be the situation with costumes/etc too. They usually give you an "identity" don't they? I'm already looking around for Deckard style shirts I can find online haha.

I'm already looking around for Deckard style shirts I can find online haha.

From reading comments on the Secret Cinema facebook page it looks like there are dozens of people who think they need to go as Deckard (one was even asking what the protocol was for carrying his gun!). As far as I can figure the Deckard character won't be issued to guests. There will be loads of official 'Blade Runners' among the actors who interact with on the night as well as Roy, Leon, Pris and Zhora lookalikes to act out scenes with.

I think most of the characters issued to us will be 'Taffy Lewis club patrons' (mix of 50s, 60's 70's clubbing fashions), Tyrell employees (art-deco formal-wear) or street people (chinese working garb and illuminated umbrellas).

Last edited:
I got my character info. I’m Kurt Halford, an LAPD Detective investigating illegal Corporate mergers and acquisitions. Luckily I already have a cool blue trench coat, a Microma watch, a metal Police eagle badge and ebay has added a trilby, bow tie and gold silk waistcoat to go full 'Gaff'.
I'm also going to wear my illuminated 'JARVIS' visor which fits right in and I’ve just made Kurt Halford business cards to hand out to anyone who will take one. I know it's banned but I also have a concealed 16MP camera to document the event. They say anyone seen taking photos will have their camera/phone confiscated to preserve the event mystique but anyone who thinks I'm spending £340 on tickets to an event, plus travel from Cornwall, plus hotel accomodation in London, plus costumes, and not taking pictures for posterity is crazy.

Halford-01.jpg38634E03-06E3-4433-A249-36266A2892F2.jpeg

Last edited:
I've persuaded Mrs.Uridium to join me at this and we will be going on Sat 23rd June.

The character I got is Private Investigator BladeRunner.... which suits me fine. I will however be going as a slightly 'ahead of his time' Bladerunner, and wearing my OfficerK coat. After paying for a Magnoli custom made one, there is no way I am not wearing it to this event.

I've made a Deckard style police ID/Badge wallet, with my assigned character name. Bought a plastic raincoat for Mrs, and one of those light up umbrellas. Looking forward to tracking down some skin-jobs.

(Just wish I could bring one of my Blaster Water Pistols.... but there is a no weapon policy)

So, OMG the Secret Cinema was amazing!!!! (how was your experience? @userd1402 )

I was a PI Replicant Devision, and Mrs.Uridium was a Utopian Ambasador. The venue was incredible, and the amount of actors and events to interact with was more than you could possibly see in one evening. Within the first 20mins I got shouted at by Leon, won an arcade challenge from Buster Friendly, got tasked with an undercover mission from Inspector Holden and got some information from talking to Pris.
We went on to eat street noodles, buy unlicensed cocktails from a shady guy in a lab, hung out in a nightclub sporting replicant performers, watched an eye get made in some girls hand (the actor playing Chew is hilarious) and then as the night drew on [avoiding spoilers regarding the overarching story that was playing out during the night], got drafted by Holden to guard the door in Chew's lab as Holden roughed up Chew, and then raided the night club to shut it down.
These were just some of the smaller events going on through the night. I have to say Secret Cinema, and their actors & staff have done an outstanding job with this.

Plus I got to wear my badass Officer K Bladerunner coat. Cannot thank @indymagnoli enough for this coat, I love it.

Secret Cinema_1.jpgSecret Cinema_2.jpg

Last edited:
Costumes look excellent guys, I'm attending on Sunday!

@userd1402 and @Uridium, did you guys pay for VIP tickets? I paid for a Phoenix tier and was hoping to get Private Investigator, but so far no luck!

Costumes look excellent guys, I'm attending on Sunday!

@userd1402 and @Uridium, did you guys pay for VIP tickets? I paid for a Phoenix tier and was hoping to get Private Investigator, but so far no luck!

I sprang for the middle tier tickets. I believe the lower end ticket people all get the 'Scavenger' role, and tend to have group experiences. Whereas the middle and high tier get more individual missions to run through during the night, and also get seated in the more upgraded seats when it gets to the film.

My best advice would be - Get stuck in - the more people you interact with, the more experiences you will have. Leon and Pris I just saw standing around, so I went up 'in character' and started conversations with them. And MAKE SURE you find your way to the Snake Pit... its like a real night club, with amazing acts....

OMG, you are going to have a great time, i would totally do it again if I had the chance.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back