Anyone built Bandai X-Wing moving edition?

DARTH SABER

Master Member
Just ordered this guy and was hoping to do a custom stand.
Anyone reviews from those who built one of these?

Anyone make a custom stand for this??
Looking for ideas.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The connector for the electronics is a part that can be easily connected and disconnected to take the X-wing off the stand (so you can display in landing position and swap in the/out the landing gear.

You could potentially gut the electronics and pin connector from the stand and make your own if you want to keep the wing mechanism functional and use the built in LEDs.

I think the built in LEDs are sufficient for the engines, but there are no fibers for the cockpit, just one LED to light up the main console screen.

Since it is designed to easily be removed from the stand, you could also potentially just use the built in stand to open/close the wings mechanism when you want to change up the display between the open/closed/landed configuration and swap out to another stand for actual display

The connector for the electronics is a part that can be easily connected and disconnected to take the X-wing off the stand (so you can display in landing position and swap in the/out the landing gear.

You could potentially gut the electronics and pin connector from the stand and make your own if you want to keep the wing mechanism functional and use the built in LEDs.

I think the built in LEDs are sufficient for the engines, but there are no fibers for the cockpit, just one LED to light up the main console screen.

[url]http://i.imgur.com/WGRRkfAm.jpg[/URL]
[url]http://i.imgur.com/NyuiqJfm.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i.imgur.com/fJlmpaWm.jpg[/URL]
[url]http://i.imgur.com/wLgOKB7m.jpg[/URL]
[url]http://i.imgur.com/BOj596wm.jpg[/URL]

Since it is designed to easily be removed from the stand, you could also potentially just use the built in stand to open/close the wings mechanism when you want to change up the display between the open/closed/landed configuration and swap out to another stand for actual display

Thanks!

Ill take a look at it when it arrives

Here's mine!

I love this model

Attachments

• bandai x-wing pro shot.jpg
    bandai x-wing pro shot.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 209
I'm really surprised you don't see more builds of this model on the web. That said, mine is still in a box.
Generally, I think people all thought it was overpriced because of the electronics.

That being said, my four year old could open and close those wings all day with that button. That alone was worth it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

That being said, my four year old could open and close those wings all day with that button. That alone was worth it.

I think my four year old, and my nine year old and their dad would all be busy pushing that button. :)

I have been keeping an eye open for one of these, just haven't got around to buying one yet. I will probably change the stand out as well, it just looks too "toy-like" for my tastes. I would have to look at the electronic once I have one, but hey... how hard can it be. ;)

regarding the stand, I have a bunch of Bandai 1:72 models, I would probably use the bases from them to make a large one and pimp it up with lights and put the buttons in there somewhere where it does not stick out.

Last edited:
Stellar work as always.
Same quality details as the 1:72, right??

Thank you sir! Good question regarding the details. I don't think there are any MORE details (I imagine the cockpit dashboard is more detailed) but it is crisper. And the panel lines are more subtle

Thank you sir! Good question regarding the details. I don't think there are any MORE details (I imagine the cockpit dashboard is more detailed) but it is crisper. And the panel lines are more subtle

Ahh, I was just wondering if it was the same quality or if they sacrificed that for some reason.

Ahh, I was just wondering if it was the same quality or if they sacrificed that for some reason.

I think the Electronic has less options to build as the different versions, Red 1-5.

I just built one as Red 4. I chucked all the electronics in the bin and installed my own lighting and stand.
You may think I'm mad but it was significantly cheaper than the price Revell want for their Finemolds rebox.
As903AK.jpg

I just built one as Red 4. I chucked all the electronics in the bin and installed my own lighting and stand.
You may think I'm mad but it was significantly cheaper than the price Revell want for their Finemolds rebox.
https://i.imgur.com/As903AK.jpg

Awesome work!
Spot on colors

Thats the kind of stand I want.

What was wrong with their electronics?
Is there a way to use the same electronics on a different stand?

Thank you
Their electronics are fine but I simply wanted a static model without the moving wings and extra lighting.
I'm sure that it could be done.
My stand is a dirt cheap CCTV bracket from Amazon

Thank you
Their electronics are fine but I simply wanted a static model without the moving wings and extra lighting.
I'm sure that it could be done.
My stand is a dirt cheap CCTV bracket from Amazon

Yeah I have few CCTV stands lying around. Using one for my Millenium Falcon.

Thanks!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back