My OWK the phantom menace saber

Very nice! Are the black portions made in resin instead of delrin? Also, are your and Eric's shrouds identical? I have Eric's fx version and it is absolutely incredible like yours. I've been trying to locate a second hand version of your's, but I've pretty much given up hope that anyone will sell theirs.

Also, have you ever considered making the unused version from ROTS, which is gloss black with the "pepper shaker" protruding emitter?

The shrouds are the same yes. The black parts on this are a mix of 3d printed, resin, and delrin.

I have thought about the pepper saber. But I'm not sure there's much of a market since it is different designs all over

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that the pepper shaker saber differed in designs all over. I guess the pommel shape, among other features, differs on the pepper shaker saber also.

21764777_1331595076963103_5742269972754956031_n.jpg

22007644_1331595410296403_625547675809911064_n.jpg

21764995_1331594926963118_2446882841439103225_n.jpg

anyone got a pic of this unused pepper shaker lightsaber?! this is the first ive ever heard?

- - - Updated - - -

thanks dan!

I'm pretty sure that this was the prop that MR referenced when they did their OWK EP1 Elite edition. I think they started with this prop and the tried to add ep1 characteritics. But the pommel shape and the wall thickness of the aluminum tube that wraps around the black grip are pretty distinctive and very different from the actual TPM hero

:love:love:love

I am reeeaally hoping that you'll bang out a bunch of Episode I saber runs in 2019 for the film's 20th anniversary, Dan. :angel Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and the Council sabers. (You can skip the Maul, I for one won't miss it. :D)

In a perfect world every saber in my collection that isn't made from old bits of junk (or replicas of old bits of junk) would be Anakin Starkiller made. Your philosophy and approach and attention to detail on these things are spot on. :thumbsup

Kenobis_Second_Lightsaber_DB.png
4obisaber1.jpg
4obisaber2.jpg
4obisaber3.jpg

download.jpg

yvsxpmtjyvzy.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

From my understanding, Obi-Wan was supposed to use this lightsaber for the start of ROTS, then his modified traditional hilt would show up later in the movie. Anyway, the pepper shaker saber is the one that's been touring at exhibits.

To be honest, the PSS reminds me of one of Larbel's early incarnations of the OWK - except for the pommel shape.

Sorry, Dan, I suppose my questions sidetracked your original thread.

anyone got a pic of this unused pepper shaker lightsaber?! this is the first ive ever heard?

- - - Updated - - -

thanks dan!

Last edited:
If I can find somone in the NYC area, or with say 100 miles, has an OWK ep1 elite edition saber and wants to help me, I'll do a small run of Pepper shaker sabers.

I love the prequel OWK saber - definitely my favorite to hold of the hilts I have. The pepper shaker is a variant I never knew existed before this thread - pretty cool

This is one I have wanted to get a copy of for years (with somehow I ended up with an Obi ROTS over the years)

Great god, what an ugly saber! Yet, somehow, if AS does a run, I feel like I could learn to love it. I have a sickness lol.

Great job on the replica, though! Looks spot on from what I can tell. The prequel Obi Saber will always have a special place in my heart. Not sure how I feel about that pepper shaker thing, though...

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
Edit: for clarification

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back