Evil Pumpkin Mask

BigCoffinProps

I have a friend who drives a tractor for the hayrides at a local farm. He asked me to make a mask for him to wear during the Halloween season. I looked around online and found a pumpkin mask that someone made out of a REAL pumpkin. It was carved into the shape of a skull and looked pretty cool. I replicated that mask with foam. Although I had made several foam props using patterns from Evil Ted and Punished Props, this was was my first project creating my own prop 100% from scratch.

I made a paper template to get the size and shape correct, then transferred it to foam. Here is the mask all cut out and textured.

mask7.png

I heat formed the mask with a heat gun, painted it up and added some twine through one of the eyes as an embellishment. I used contact cement to attach it to a hockey mask from Family Dollar so it would be easy to wear. My friend wore denim overalls and a burlap hood to complete the look for the character. I was going to use black mesh from an old screen door to cover the eyes, but we agreed that since he would be driving a tractor at night with a bunch of kids in tow, obscuring his vision even slightly was a bad idea.
mask4.2.png
mask3.png
mask2.png

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back