Inform the Troops that Lord Vader has Arrived! Introducing my new SL ANH Vader Helmet

Edraven99

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey gang,

Well I promised a big update so here it is lol...

Yes I know I have a dedicated build/show-off thread already so please forgive the indulgence, but I wanted to thank and acknowledge a few people and I wanted to make sure that it didn't get buried in my main thread.

For those of you that have been following my thread, you'll recall that this journey started with this teaser picture back in 2016:

IMG_3214.jpg

Yep... 2016... For those of you that have gone down the SL rabbit hole, you'll know what I mean; and for those of you that are going through it now (I'm looking at you teecrooz and juajn7fernandez), you have my sympathies lol.

First and foremost a huge thank you and shout out needs to go to dcarty for his incredible finishing work. If any of you ever need to have a Vader helmet finished in any way, this is the man that you need to contact first.

Dave's attention to detail and finishing skills are second to none and I'm pretty sure that when it comes to all of the minutia surrounding a Darth Vader helmet, his knowledge base ranks up there with the best of them. But of course where Dave really shines is his patience and ability to put up with the non-stop questions and requests from a Vader newb like me lol... Thanks Dave!

Additional shout-outs and thanks need to go to kurtyboy for the accurate mesh, Fatherless One for the tusks...

and of course a special thanks to SithLord (or around these parts Hewhoshallnotbenamed) for the opportunity to purchase one of these rare direct lineage casts.

I don't have it in hand just yet as Dave just put it in the mail, but he was kind enough to snap some beauty shots for me.

Without further ado, presenting my new SL ANH Darth Vader helmet!

Vader 2.jpgVader 4.jpgVader 3.jpgVader 5.jpg

And the best picture for last.... when he sent me this picture, this was when I knew that Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith was coming to my collection....

Vader 1.jpg

Thanks for the indulgence... Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Inform the Troops that Lord Vader has Arrived! Introducing my new SL ANH Vader He

Only you could be so bold... lol
Awesome! I wish I had an awesome helmet but I'm stuck with a rubies for now.

Re: Inform the Troops that Lord Vader has Arrived! Introducing my new SL ANH Vader He

Thanks guys! Really looking forward to finally getting it in hand...

really really nice! wow!! :thumbsup

Sensational peice. A true holy grail! Congrats
mike

Too awesome! I think I stare at mine at least once a day... just seriously stand and look at it.

Lovely. Nice to see someone actually receiving one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely. Nice to see someone actually receiving one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell me about it... with Thomas's infamous spotty communication I almost pulled the chute a couple of times! And I got mine relative 'quickly', or so I've been told.

Ultimately it was worth the wait... she's definitely a thing of beauty! Speaking of which, your finished GS ROTJ is definitely on my hit list! Awesome work!!

Woohoo! Christmas in February!

My SL from Dave arrived safe and sound and she's even more imperfect and beautiful in person; pictures don't do it justice!

IMG_6044.JPG

I kid... I kid...

IMG_6047.JPGIMG_6049.JPGIMG_6051.JPG

And for those of you who ever wondered how Vader looked like in ANH without his helmet, wonder no more!

IMG_6058.JPGIMG_6059.JPGIMG_6060.JPG

And of course, the cherry on top... since I was a Boy Scout eons ago, I'm always prepared!

IMG_6052.JPG

One more item off the prop bucket list!

:D

You Lucky S Fn O Fn B!!!!! You are so lucky, enjoy that helmet!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back