Space Ship Int. / Garage Build (Bay 05)

blastmaster

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all,
I saw a couple of members posting their Space ship build and thought I would post the Garage build my daughter and I are doing. We have a 3 car garage that has a tandem area right before you enter the house , this has always been just a place to dump your shoes and we have a Fridge out there, so we thought it would be fun to make it into a space ship interior, and utilizing cool looking storage bins for our shoes that are ressested into boxes, we raised the floor so we could mount floor drains that have lights. The door is 3 inches thick, the frame is aluminum, it rolls on a track and will soon be motorized, HannaH and I are about 2 months into the build, (just working on it during the weekends). It will probably take us a few more months to complete, with weathering and detail work. I can't wait to get all the structure done so we can just start bolting gack on the walls, but we have a great start. Here is where we are at.
Thanks for checking it out we are having a great time!!!
All our best,
AL & HannaH
SS 1.jpgSS 2a.jpgSS 3 a.jpgSS 4 a.jpgSS 4.jpgSS 7.jpgSS 8.jpgSS3.jpgSS 6.jpgSS 2.jpgIMG_4556.jpeg

Also Wanted to add that the Water heater wasn't going to cut it for our look, and plus I was super worried about it failing and dumping water all over and under our floor, so we installed a tankless water heater. Here is also a shot of the switches we are using, they are from lowes, and I found these great, computer fan frames, just a little dremeling and they fit right in.
Tankless Water heater.jpgSS Switches.jpgSS Hnadle.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

So awesome. Great job to both of you.

Thanks so much, more to come next weekend.
AL

Also Wanted to add that the Water heater wasn't going to cut it for our look, and plus I was super worried about it failing and dumping water all over and under our floor, so we installed a tankless water heater. Here is also a shot of the switches we are using, they are from lowes, and I found these great, computer fan frames, just a little dremeling and they fit right in.
View attachment 790630View attachment 790631View attachment 790632

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks so much, more to come next weekend.
AL
This is very good. Is it styled after any specific "space ship" or more stylized from various movies?

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Great job! Regarding the heavy duty storage boxes, are these military surplus / gun cases?
The totes are just basic garage storage totes I was just looking for some that had a nice spaceship like lid here are the ones I got, But I did buy a bunch of Military computer rack cases.
Those will go on the walls, there is one standing up to the left of the door, it was green and we painted it white.
Storage totes 1.jpgStorage totes 2.jpg

This is very good. Is it styled after any specific "space ship" or more stylized from various movies?

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

No specific style, I just googled Spaceship interiors and looked for shapes I could duplicate, the more angles the better, and when we are done it will get a huge weathering, going to be a great place to dump our shoes, We are also going to do some back lit panels, I found some cheap led sketch boards that we are going to mount on TV Bracket arms.
So fun!!!!

Here are the panels we are going to use, I got these off ebay for $30.00 each, and pulled some spaceship computer screens off google, had them printed so I can backlight them,
I often say to HannaH what are we doing, and she says having fun........
Panels 1.jpgPanels 2.jpgPanels 3.jpgPanels 4.jpgPanels 5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Can you post product info on the switches and fan frames? This is fantastic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

Can you post product info on the switches and fan frames? This is fantastic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is a link to the Ebay listing for the Frames, there a bunch of people selling them, (China) but they come pretty fast: [video]https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Pcs-Black-Yellow-AMD-CPU-Fan-Bracket-Holder-Base-for-AM2-940-Socket-G9J2/172628523071?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid =p2060353.m2749.l2649[/video]

And here are the switches, the same company makes a few of these some are around $30 - $50, but the one I got are single pole and are only $5.
[video]https://www.lowes.com/pd/Legrand-adorne-Paddle-15-amp-Single-Pole-3-way-Magnesium-Rocker-Indoor-Light-Switch/3777727[/video]

Btw -eBay listing didn't post

It works for me... Here it is again. Incase that doesn't work it is Item # 172628523071

[video]https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Pcs-Black-Yellow-AMD-CPU-Fan-Bracket-Holder-Base-for-AM2-940-Socket-G9J2/172628523071?hash=item283176383f:g:EtkAAOSw8HBZGr2 C[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome build. What is the white rifle looking case in your first post. Brand, source? I really like it.

Love this! Can you share more about what the door is made of? and how it moves?

-Eric

Hey Eric,
I had the frame made out of 2 inch square aluminum tubing, and the it's skinned with thin hard board, and MDF detail, I used a Heavy duty pocket door roller and track system, 4 sets of rollers. I just got delivered today the motorized unit to make it electric, going to install it this weekend. So more updates on Sunday!!!.
Thanks for checking it out!!!!

Awesome build. What is the white rifle looking case in your first post. Brand, source? I really like it.

Those cases are Military Computer Rack Cases, I got them off Ebay for around $60.00 bucks each plus shipping, I thought they would be a great detail for the walls, they look great after you paint them. Here is the stack I have to work with and the one I painted. And They don't open like a normal case, the ends come off.
Cases 3.jpgCases 4.jpgCases 2.jpgCases 1.jpg

Those cases are Military Computer Rack Cases, I got them off Ebay for around $60.00 bucks each plus shipping, I thought they would be a great detail for the walls, they look great after you paint them. Here is the stack I have to work with and the one I painted. And They don't open like a normal case, the ends come off.
View attachment 792033View attachment 792034View attachment 792035View attachment 792036

Thank you! Im thinking a Pulse Rifle case.

Edit....Gonna need a closer option...$100 for shipping grrrrrr. If you have a spare.....I work out of Van Nuys Airport.

Last edited:
All that black and white makes me think its a Stormtrooper's workshop. :)

Looking forward to seeing the other side.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back