Space Ship Int. / Garage Build (Bay 05)

Picked up the two door details today, Hopefully we'll get them installed over the weekend!!
Door Detail 1.jpgDoor Detail2.jpg

Those look great, the original inspirational concept art did have bolt details which I didn't put in but should help with mounting them. Are the base doors hollow core or solid core?

It is super light, it is MDF, so no need to beef up the hinges, should be fine.

That's good. Just looking out for you.

I am in need to do some sliding doors in my shop and had been thinking about using foam to skin them. After seeing how you cut out the material to drop the weight, I might do the same when I settle on my design.

-Eric

Are you planing on cutting out the window? Because that would be the cherry on top of this door. What are your plans for the other door?

I am debating on the window, yes it would be awesome but that door goes outside to our side yard, but haven't ruled it out, the other door will have the same detail I had 2 of those panels cut, so both are here standing by to get installed.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some Caution strips for the floor.
View attachment 797843

You are good, I picked up two rolls of this type of industrial tape 4 inches wide today,

You could print an appropriate picture of what should be out the window and put a thin piece of plexi over it so at a glance it looks like a window. I've seen it done before and it looks pretty good.

An interior door would make sense, exterior door is more problematic ,perhaps you can place a piece ofblack plexiglass to simulate a window.

HannaH and I where thinking the same thing!! Nice....

- - - Updated - - -

We didn't get to the doors and the detail today but we did finish up the small wall next to the door and put the top on the other entry door.Also installed two more switches for the outside light and the floor lighting.
More tomorrow.......
Back door wall.jpgBack door wall 2.jpgSwitches 1.jpg

One more thing I bought two of each of these radiator over flow tanks, to mount in the two lower openings in the door Detail.
s-l500.jpgs-l1600-2.jpg

Did you have a link for the backlit led frames? I can’t seem to find something like that for the price you paid?

Last edited:
I absolutely love this and wish I had an area that I could do this to. I think it's really great that you are doing it with your daughter. Great family bonding. Look forward to seeing more. Thanks for posting.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back