Space Ship Int. / Garage Build (Bay 05)

Ok our progress this weekend, we did the base coat of paint on 80% of the room, still need to address the two doors and back wall that will be next weekend, So we painted, and we painted 4 of the rack cases white, and mounted 3 of them, the red and blue lights are led christmas lights that turn on with the floor switch. Here is where we are at this evening!!!

Painting Cases.jpgCases painted 2.jpgRoom Painted 1.jpgPainted room 2.jpgCase on wall .jpgCases on Wall lights.jpg

I found this beautiful drawing by Ron Cobb for the original Alien. You should add signs and numbers over the doors, use this for inspiration.
Nostromo_Bulkhead_Door-alien.jpg

A little farther along, got the back wall painted up, thanks to the kids!!(HannaH & Stone), working on the two doors this weekend can't wait to get those done and start filling the space with hoses, and more details!!! Also ordered up the stuff I decided to use on the floor, we are going with a 1/8 inch black PVC with holes drilled into it, cost effective, the floor tiles where going to be around $800.00 and this stuff cost $250.00 made way more sense.
71Vr+8PPpOL._SL1500_.jpgDoor stripes.jpgTank detail .jpgTank detail 2.jpgBack wall 1.jpg

Wow ...... I know that I'm making this with you, but it still blows me away to see those pictures and know that that's our garage!! Great job Dad {The mastermind} :lol

~ I Athena I {blastmaster's daughter}

Last edited by a moderator:
This is so much fun to watch. I can only mimic the glowing comments others have already said. What strikes me is how such simple detailing changes the look of the water heater to make it look like it absolutely belongs in that room.

It's all in the finishing, here is another image I found of a set from "Prometheus"
View attachment 802100To be used as inspiration for signage.

Your so right, that's why I am happy that we are close on all the basic structures, it will a long process but it is going to be loaded with detail and weathering, I'm picking up some signage tomorrow so I'll update then, I did start to do a little tubing install.
Tubes 1.jpgTubes 2.jpgTubes 3.jpg

I was happy with it the way it was, but you're making it so much better. Is there no limit to the mindblowiness of this project? Wanna come do my garage?

I was happy with it the way it was, but you're making it so much better. Is there no limit to the mindblowiness of this project? Wanna come do my garage?
Thanks so much, it will get better every week or so, got some signage in, thanks to Captain April, and my "Bay 05" signs came in, !!!
Cation stickers 1.jpgBay 05, 2.jpgBay 05 , 1.jpgDoor sign 2.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back