Space Ship Int. / Garage Build (Bay 05)

Super job, if I might make one suggestion, replacing the standard hinges on the door next to the water heater with these hinges, you can then add some surface panels to the door which can over hang the frame(like a pressure door).
airlock.jpg
: http://www.adaptiveaccess.com/offset_hinges.php

I did a pinterest search for airlock doors, but you are correct the first door is from the Martian. I could draw some plans for the door if you are interested, what is the size of the current door, it looks like a 30" or 32" wide by 80"?

I added a door handle and added some panel lines and refined the shapes.

Attachments

• Full Door.JPG
    Full Door.JPG
    320.6 KB · Views: 139
  • Full Door.JPG
    Full Door.JPG
    314.3 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
I revised some of the panel shapes, it makes more sense now.These are half scale with a few dimensions. The hinge is a fake cover full size drawing.View attachment 794385View attachment 794386
View attachment 794387

Again Thanks so much, So here is how I have been doing the other large details, I draw them in pencil then the graphics guy on the show I work on does the render for the CNC people to cut it out of MDF, so I sent him my lame drawing off of your idea, with the measurements I need to fit my two doors,
I'll add the tube and other smaller details after I get the large pieces back hopefully;y by the end of next week.
I'm going to put a dedication plaque with your screen name next to the doors.
AL
Space Door Detail.jpeg

Also thought I would post the font I'm going to use for the Large , "Bay 05" IDs, and when I label areas or bins I'm finding words in Latin to print, in the same font.
ARKITECH BOLD FONT JPEG.jpg Like Algor is Cold, so we'll put that above the fridge
Securum is Security,

We Painted one side of the door, we will be weathering everything once it's completed, in a couple of months, LOL......
The ribbed areas are a padding for a sleeping bag when you go camping!!!
Door finished 1.jpgDoor Finished 2.jpgDoor Finished 3.jpgDoor Finished 4.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back