JOHN WICK lifesize bust WIP

chuckyAPP

Sr Member
Hi guys, Ive had this plaster lifecast of Keanu Reeves for a while now and decided to make a John Wick. The lifecast was a half head hollow casting in hydrocal plaster. I started by drilling out the eye sockets to make room for the glass prosthetic grade eyes. The eyes were set in epoxy then I sculpted in the lids with epoxy clay. Also sculpted in the facial hair, eyebrows and filled in the back of the head. The head was then attached to a mannequin and the neck was sculpted in. Waiting on a black wig which will be cut and styled for Wick. Will post more pics of paint apps. thanks for looking

IMG_20180103_204858424_HDR_zpsaisvbof2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_20180125_224452609_zpsjwwj1u1r.jpg

IMG_20180127_135840576_zpsd36utnpw.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_20180128_102933824_zpsal9a5qwh.jpg

IMG_20180128_102957488_zpsp0nqj9rh.jpg

Thanks so much guys, really appreciate the kind words. I know a lot of people just look but i really look forward to every comment. So I painted him up. For now he's clean but tomorrow I'm going to give him his battle damage and bloody him up a little. i think it will help more with the likeness. Its definitely not spot on Keanu Reeves but the damage will make him more recognizeable. Also he's BALD! After I get his hair on and his signature black on black suit and shirt he'll look a lot better. Painted with acrylics and chalk pastels this time. As always thank you for looking!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks again guys for the feedback. I added some battle damage as seen in WICK 2. Its a general list of injuries from a few scenes towards the end. Its not all of them but a lot of them. I didn't want to make him a complete bloody mess. Also added in some more stray hairs and some grey in the beard. So hard to get the facial hair right as Reeves facial hair is not that thick and full but really hard to pull that off in sculpted hair. Anyway, some final paint pics before hair which i am still waiting on. Ill try and find a cheap suit jacket I can cut for the bust. Again thank you for looking !

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you again.....I was looking at the eyebrows and they were too long. Shaved off about a half inch. Sanded, and touched up, repainted. Here's the update:

Tamiya clear red. Darkened with some black for the deeper areas then straight clear red. Watered down in done places to get that sticky dry look. Started to redo the eyebrows. Going to be much less and a lot lighter. Can't believe I didn't see it.. Lol. That's why I love the feedback.

Ahhh! Ok... So IM thinking to redo a lot on this. I got rid of the eyebrows which will now be much smaller... Andi going to rework the racial hair some. Some of the lines are off and it still seems too thick. This always happens to me..... You think something looks great until you look at it again at a later time or in my case, my wife will tell me what's off. And of course my friends at the RPF. Thanks again and here's a pic with no eyebrows...lol going to fix it all tomorrow night after work. Stay tuned... Thanks

Ok, redid the eyebrows, the beard line, some work on the eyes. Complete repaint. And hair. Just need to get him dressed.
IMG_20180202_115409503_HDR_zpsmumu9fiu.jpg

IMG_20180202_115353445_zpsnljimk1p.jpg

IMG_20180202_115402162_zpsw8hgv142.jpg

Thanks for looking!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back