Captain America Stealth/S.T.R.I.K.E. build

So I've decided to add a Winter Soldier S.T.R.I.K.E. suit to my collection of convention/Halloween costumes but since it has been a few years since I first looked into it I am just hoping for a bit of advice as to if I am on the right track.

Plan is to get pieces from China/Ebay to start with and while I know that I will likely have to re-tailor/adjust most of it to some degree, having something that is already 65-80% of the way there would be a big help.

I just picked up a suit made by Cosplaysky from a Junkyard listing and as I recall, theirs was the best "off the rack" suit while the best accessories (belt/harness/gators) from Ebay/China were made by Galaxy/Costumebase. Is this still the case or is there somewhere else I should look?

The correct boots were Magnum Mach Ones however those were discontinued so I will likely have to make a substitution on this for that part of the costume. Any suggestions?

Also looking for some direction as to where to look for a helmet, preferably one that will look decent and be comfortable enough to wear for 3-4 hours at a time. High end foam build? Hard shell painted/padded?

Stealth shield will be made from a blank I bought a couple of years ago from Phebert.

Any input welcome.

Thanks.

Looking at the Cosplaysky Stealth suit I bought.

My measurements are 46" chest and a 33" waist.

The top I have fits well in the shoulders/chest but is ridiculously too big at the waist. Reading through the other threads from a few years ago that talked about this suit this seems to be a common problem experienced by people with an "athletic build" who bought it.

Some people had the top altered (or altered it themselves) to taper better and I was wondering if anyone who did that posted any pictures or details about exactly where/how they took it in because I am having trouble visualizing how exactly to do this in a way that will minimize the damage done to some of the details sewn into the existing top.

Okay, convention to wear this is next weekend so it's time to get this thing finished.

I have about the closest boots I could find ( Magnum Response II in Size 14) and some gators to help cover the differences.

Have the CosplaySky suit and while the pants fit almost like they were tailored, the top will need to be brought in by 10"+ at the waist.

Looking at it, I think that I can probably take it in myself and may leave an extra inch or so on each side and add in some elastic gathers to pull it into shape while allowing me to move a bit more freely without risking tearing out my seams.

Will hopefully have progress pics in a day or two.

Managed to get the suit presentable in time for the convention last Sunday.

(I also ran into Bucky... )

Picture-05302018-065.jpgCap_Bucky2.jpg

Hey, sorry for bothering you. This costume is awesome and I`m searching for Cap`s costume from "the winter soldier" too. Can you please tell me where have you ordered it? As I saw CosplaySky has ebay/amazon page and also their own website (some costumes are cheaper there).

Also this costume really fits you now!

Hey, sorry for bothering you. This costume is awesome and I`m searching for Cap`s costume from "the winter soldier" too. Can you please tell me where have you ordered it? As I saw CosplaySky has ebay/amazon page and also their own website (some costumes are cheaper there).

Also this costume really fits you now!

I ordered mine through their Ebay listing and sent a message to the seller asking for them to send me the following..

XL Jacket
XL Harness
XL Gloves
Medium Pants
Medium Belt.

For comparison, I am 6 feet tall, 175# and have a 46" chest and 32" waist.

Pants, harness, gloves & belt all fit just about perfectly as shipped.

Jacket fit well in the shoulders/arms but the waist was 8"-10" too big and so I had to take it in so that it would taper better to my frame.

I also took most of the liner out in order for the suit to breathe a bit more.

I ordered mine through their Ebay listing and sent a message to the seller asking for them to send me the following..

XL Jacket
XL Harness
XL Gloves
Medium Pants
Medium Belt.

Jacket fit well in the shoulders/arms but the waist was 8"-10" too big and so I had to take it in so that it would taper better to my frame.

Thank you!

XL Jacket
XL Harness
XL Gloves
Medium Pants
Medium Belt.

Btw, would that be ok for you to send me link on their eBay shop?

Btw, would that be ok for you to send me link on their eBay shop?

I think that non-premium members posting or messaging links to active Ebay listings is against the rules here.

However the seller name that they use on Ebay is: skycostume

I've had good communication and service from them.

Example: I just ordered the Infinity War Cap suit from them yesterday (same XL/Medium suit mix of parts as before) and it has already been shipped.

I think that non-premium members posting or messaging links to active Ebay listings is against the rules here. However the seller name that they use on Ebay is: skycostumeI've had good communication and service from them. Example: I just ordered the Infinity War Cap suit from them yesterday (same XL/Medium suit mix of parts as before) and it has already been shipped.
Thank you again for this information

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back