Done / Completed Fate of Atlantis Medallion IN METAL!

PropReplicator2

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After finalizing the sculpt on my Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis Medallion I’m finally ready to release it to the RPF community!

These are the set prices as of 5/19/18:
Raw cast kit:
$50 Shipped inside US
$55 Shipped international

Cleaned/Painted/Finished:
$60 Shipped inside US
$65 Shipped international

I can also now add a magnet to the inside of the mouth for $5 extra!!

First Run:
1) "Raiders March" - painted - SHIPPED
2) "boochydog" - painted - SHIPPED
3) "Magnum1911" - SHIPPED
4) "Loneken" - raw cast - SHIPPED
5) "Mpops89" - painted - SHIPPED
6) "Ash" - painted - SHIPPED
7) "the Pawn" - painted - SHIPPED
8) "Jack" -Raw Cast- SHIPPED
9) "rlr2000" -raw Cast- SHIPPED
10) "heehoot12" - painted - SHIPPED
11) "whoever" - painted - SHIPPED
12) "tloeder" -painted - SHIPPED (x2)

Run 2:
1) "starks" - painted - SHIPPED
2) "DEDEO2" - painted - SHIPPED
3) "The Cog" - painted - SHIPPED
4) "Hanotron" - painted - SHIPPED

Magnet tutorial: Adding magnet (FOA Medallions)

Last edited:
Re: Fate of Atlantis Medallion

Oh wow this looks incredible, especially based on the Fate of Atlantis, one of my all time favorite Indy stories! And yes, a metal version would be cool.

Thanks guys... Still learning pewter casting at the moment. I refuse to offer any metal ones until I get good with the pewter casting process as I don't want to release any faulty products to the public ;) . Wondering about cold cast as well.. hmm..

Alright guys, time to kick this project back into gear! Pewter pellets were purchased a few months back and I new prototype has now been printed instead of the clay sculpt before. Will update as soon as the mold is made!

Alright guys, time to kick this project back into gear! Pewter pellets were purchased a few months back and I new prototype has now been printed instead of the clay sculpt before. Will update as soon as the mold is made!

Its obvious you know how to do molds etc. whats nice about practice pieces in pewter (or metal) is if you screw it up, you can just re-melt it. Not like resin etc where its wasted. You just have to get the mold supplies rated for high temp and something to heat it. There are plenty of guys on here who can advise u. I have only done it a few times and after a few tries it came out perfect. I bought a crucible from amazon for $30 ish. It was small but was perfect. I agree with everyone else a metal version would be awesome. Good luck

Its obvious you know how to do molds etc. whats nice about practice pieces in pewter (or metal) is if you screw it up, you can just re-melt it. Not like resin etc where its wasted. You just have to get the mold supplies rated for high temp and something to heat it. There are plenty of guys on here who can advise u. I have only done it a few times and after a few tries it came out perfect. I bought a crucible from amazon for $30 ish. It was small but was perfect. I agree with everyone else a metal version would be awesome. Good luck

Thanks! And yes I've been doing this for a while now lol... Though I've been molding and casting things for years, I've never gotten too deep into pewter casting.. I've done it a few times and it's definitely an adrenaline rush getting the metal to the mold fast enough, but after a few tries (as you said) it usually comes out perfect. Just got to get a feel for the mold.

Thanks! And yes I've been doing this for a while now lol... Though I've been molding and casting things for years, I've never gotten too deep into pewter casting.. I've done it a few times and it's definitely an adrenaline rush getting the metal to the mold fast enough, but after a few tries (as you said) it usually comes out perfect. Just got to get a feel for the mold.

Thats just it! Once u figure it out its quite easy. Its just the whole process is a PITA. Have to heat everything up, put on facemask, gloves, apron etc. make sure you dont spill any on anything you cherish, mainly your skin lol. And the tongs u normally use for that type of thing are quite challenging ar first. You may think you developed palsey at first, but you will soon realize that isnt the case and u just need to have the right touch. You got this man

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back