Ikea Death Star Lamp finished

Re: Ikea Death Star Lamp remodelling

View attachment 95672AF0-04CC-4EBE-A1AC-FEDFCBA8E6AA.MOV
Have you thought about putting in one of those color changing bulbs? Some have a remote and others have an app that you use to change the bulb color with. I think it would look neat, great job! Looking forward to seeing it all finished.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nah, it has to be a functional light in my sons room. It’s a nice gadget, but It’ll be to much of a discoball with that. Have those leds in my Evel Knievel pinball backglass, but only use one setting.

Attachments

• 53908809888__EC03831A-0968-4F82-B0D0-3168C3DB193C.MOV
    515.4 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Re: Ikea Death Star Lamp remodelling

The masking of this death star was really being a zen moment, completely forgetting time. But I’m glad I’m finished.
it was a good experience, learned a lot. Would I do things differently next time? Yes, there always room for improvement. Think the dark grey came out a bit to dark. Rushed a bit on the top half, paint came under the tape at multiple points. Didnt have any of those problems on the first part.
would buy the lamp with the copper inside from the start, so I wouldnt have to do it myself. Love how the light looks with this inside.

After fitting the lamp in my sons bedroom, the whole scenery hanging from the ceiling suddenly makes sense.

Thank you all for following this build.

1CE60F80-71F8-4C2B-BB03-FB19D88D6AC5.jpeg48CDC863-93D8-40B6-9F3F-89055AACDCFA.jpeg06A402E6-13B1-4EAB-B1AF-674F762C2A47.jpeg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back