2018 North Texas Prop Party

Kevin Gossett

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It's almost that time of year again! Philip hasn't made any details official, but it's typically the first Saturday in March.

Anyone have anything awesome or amazing planned? What's everyone bringing? What are you hoping to see?

I'm making it a point to meet and talk with those of you I haven't gotten the chance to in the past. If you see me, say hi!

I have no idea what I'll be bringing if I bring anything at all. I may make something real quick to showcase. As meeting people, I always enjoy seeing everyone there and having chats. There was one gentleman last year (I forget his name) who had Cap's Civil War suit and was doing runs of them. Hopefully, he comes and possibly does another run so I can jump on that. I had a family emergency and couldn't do it at the time.

I need to get on the invite list again.
I had to skip a couple years due to illness, but would love to meet up again!
Who do I need to email?

Your Friend in Time,
ElectroDFW
aka Marty McFly Dallas Cosplay
aka David M.

Did I miss this again? I missed the last 2 years. Not that I have anything new to show as I have been sidetracked working on our home theater but it's fun to see what everyone has made.

I was just gonna ask if anyone has heard from Phil. Kevin, I need to chat with you about your amazing work. I'll send a PM when I get out of work.

There used to always be a big convention in February and the party was the next weekend or 2 weekends after. Last years party in 2017 was a year ago last Saturday (2 days ago).

I don’t know if the party is still following this schedule, but it looks like the next big local show is April 6-8, so maybe the party will be the next weekend. I don’t remember seeing that there was a local convention in February of this year.

Philip is replacing some of the machinery in his shop. He said it might be as late as the 3rd Sat in April for the party.

It looks like the Texas Prop Party was last weekend as droidgeek mentioned.

I think Wise keeps this on the down low now and does not advertise here for the party. Probably communicating via a FB group page or via email. It seems this has been the case for a few years now. (It makes sense since it could get too large since a lot of RPF members live in or near DFW.)

Pics below...looks like they had a blast! (A lot of talented folks seem to go to this gig.)

http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/2018propparty/

Yes, the NTX-RPFP was the 21st.

From my knowledge, it is (and has been) invite only (via email) for many years due to the space constraints at a non-public commercial location.
I was so thankful to be able to return tto this event after hsaving missed it the last coule years for various reasons.
I was awesome seeing so many member's awesome builds and collections in person, and the afterparty? OMG. that was the best!!

Luckily, there was just enough space to showcase my Doc Brown DeLorean Remote, Mind-Reading Helmet (aka Brainwave Analyzer) and chess set; Old Biff's cane; E.T. Phone Home communicator, and MST3K Crow T. Robot.

After it got dark, I was also able to show off the #KiaTimeMachine, as well, and thank you everybody for the nice compliments. It's really great when the time and effort you put into something you love is appreciated by others who are familiar with how difficult/time-consuming things can be.

Your Friend in Time,
Marty McFly Dallas Cosplay
aka ElectroDFW
aka David M.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back