RS Prop Masters HDPE

craigjohn

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
New edition to my little imperial helmet collection = RS Prop Masters HDPE helmet.

Just delivered today. Thanks to Dan, Rob, Simon, Beth, Ellis, Andrea, and the entire crew at RS Prop Masters. This thing is flipping beautiful in all of it's weird, warped, wonky, bumpy, drippy, imperfectness.

This prop looks like it was it was pulled right off the set of Star Wars after filming the Tantive IV scene. It looks and feels like I’m holding a piece of movie history in my hands — and it's as close as I’ll ever get to owning a real SW TK helmet.

...Looks amazing sitting next to my TM ANH Vader Helmet.

The kiddos will NOT be allowed to touch this one.

rspm_000.jpgrspm_001.jpgrspm_003.jpgrspm_005.jpgrspm_006.jpgrspm_007.jpgrspm_009.jpg

rspm_000.jpg

rspm_001.jpg

rspm_003.jpg

rspm_005.jpg

rspm_006.jpg

rspm_007.jpg

rspm_009.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good. Had to pass on this due to Christmas bills coming first!
Are the ears left as raw plastic, or do they receive a coat of paint along with the rest of the helmet?

Good luck with that one... My kids are always trying to sneak into my office to get their hands on the goods. :)

I bought the kiddos a cheap used Black Series Rogue One stormtrooper helmet for $50. They're entirely happy with that one. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Quite possibly the closest thing to actuallly owning a real helmet from the movie . It's almost impossible to tell these helmets aren't the real deal.

I couldn't bring myself to paint mine ...lol..https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180123/994ad67f6d09e099fe9f9ea30fa68a62.jpg

I love the RAW helmet as well, but to me it doesn't feel like a stormtrooper helmet unless it's a painted and sporting the green lenses.

How thick is the HDPE helmet I have a PVC one from RS, a big mistake it's too thin I've had it on a bookshelf since I've had it and it's split in two places on the tubes. Guessing it's not strong enough to handle the stresses from the bends etc. Looks nice yes but I wouldn't recommend one to anyone for that reason alone.

How thick is the HDPE helmet I have a PVC one from RS, a big mistake it's too thin I've had it on a bookshelf since I've had it and it's split in two places on the tubes. Guessing it's not strong enough to handle the stresses from the bends etc. Looks nice yes but I wouldn't recommend one to anyone for that reason alone.

Are you sure it's not the acrylic capped styrene?That material cracks a lot no matter the maker. I have one of the original ABS ones .No cracks at all. Also have one of these. This helmet being PE will definitely not split or crack I can promise you that. You can try all you want and bend this material any way you want. You won't damage it. Best you could do is form a crease but it won't separate.

Very sexy helmet indeed. I love it.

Ben

I have a pvc RS helmet that I've trooped for years with no damage whatsoever . I've never heard of RS helmets splitting whilst just being displayed .

New edition to my little imperial helmet collection = RS Prop Masters HDPE helmet.

Just delivered today. Thanks to Dan, Rob, Simon, Beth, Ellis, Andrea, and the entire crew at RS Prop Masters. This thing is flipping beautiful in all of it's weird, warped, wonky, bumpy, drippy, imperfectness.

This prop looks like it was it was pulled right off the set of Star Wars after filming the Tantive IV scene. It looks and feels like I’m holding a piece of movie history in my hands — and it's as close as I’ll ever get to owning a real SW TK helmet.

...Looks amazing sitting next to my TM ANH Vader Helmet.

The kiddos will NOT be allowed to touch this one.

View attachment 789352View attachment 789353View attachment 789354View attachment 789355View attachment 789356View attachment 789357View attachment 789358

"...Looks amazing sitting next to my TM ANH Vader Helmet. "-Pics please!:)

The helmet looks excellent!:):thumbsup

Wow, congrats! :cheers

When did these become available? And are they sold out now? I asked about getting one several years ago and they said they’d let me know when they were available, and that it would probably be the last time.

edit: Hmm, I was wrong, what they said was actually that they had some HDPE material left and would do one more run at the end of 2015. Guess it took a little longer than expected :)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back