RS Prop Masters HDPE

Wow, congrats! :cheers

When did these become available? And are they sold out now? I asked about getting one several years ago and they said they’d let me know when they were available, and that it would probably be the last time.

edit: Hmm, I was wrong, what they said was actually that they had some HDPE material left and would do one more run at the end of 2015. Guess it took a little longer than expected :)

They quietly became available in November. They still might have a couple available for purchase — but you have to contact the Studio.

New edition to my little imperial helmet collection = RS Prop Masters HDPE helmet.

Just delivered today. Thanks to Dan, Rob, Simon, Beth, Ellis, Andrea, and the entire crew at RS Prop Masters. This thing is flipping beautiful in all of it's weird, warped, wonky, bumpy, drippy, imperfectness.
​

This prop looks like it was it was pulled right off the set of Star Wars after filming the Tantive IV scene. It looks and feels like I’m holding a piece of movie history in my hands — and it's as close as I’ll ever get to owning a real SW TK helmet.

...Looks amazing sitting next to my TM ANH Vader Helmet.

The kiddos will NOT be allowed to touch this one.
藍藍​

View attachment 789352View attachment 789353View attachment 789354View attachment 789355View attachment 789356View attachment 789357View attachment 789358

Nope, sorry it’s not right. You need to send it to me STRAIGHT AWAY!!!! :D

Absolutely stunning!

Cheers

Jez

Last edited by a moderator:
That is no doubt one of the most awesome TK helmet (if not THE most awesome) one can own. A true replica of the screen used helmet. I am jealous. I do have the Jim Dowdall TK. Loved it to bits with all the bumps and imperfections. PERFECT!

Does RS Prop Masters sell a HDPE helmet kit?

Edit: Just heard back from RS Prop Masters....they answered my question....nope.

Last edited:
I don't get the orgasmic reactions. I think this helmet is ugly as hell. Yes, there might have been original helmets that looked like this, but not all of them! I'm pretty sure that on the set of the original movie, this would have been considered a very bad paint job and this bucket would have been given to some extra in the background, at best. The most helmets on screen do not look this extremely shabby. But it's a matter of personal taste, I guess. I definitely would prefer a bucket that's better crafted and painted - they did exist, too... ;)

Last edited:
I agree that the actual on screen helmets might have looked a little better while filming but this is a representation of what the screenused helmets looked while filming and the remaining helmets look nowadays and I think it looks gorgeous!

This is the RPF and we just LOVE ugly helmets! Are you sure you found the right forum, mate?

;)(y)

I don't get the orgasmic reactions. I think this helmet is ugly as hell. Yes, there might have been original helmets that looked like this, but not all of them! I'm pretty sure that on the set of the original movie, this would have been considered a very bad paint job and this bucket would have been given to some extra in the background, at best. The most helmets on screen do not look this extremely shabby. But it's a matter of personal taste, I guess. I definitely would prefer a bucket that's better crafted and painted - they did exist, too... ;)

Not in ANH. All of the ANH helmets were like this. The only reason you don’t see it is because film tends to hide all those details. Go through the entire ANH blueray and really pay attention to the stormtrooper and you will see that all of them (with the exception of the 4 hero helmets) looked just like this.

Not in ANH. All of the ANH helmets were like this. The only reason you don’t see it is because film tends to hide all those details. Go through the entire ANH blueray and really pay attention to the stormtrooper and you will see that all of them (with the exception of the 4 hero helmets) looked just like this.

This.

This Stormy even literally has duct tape stuck to his armor.

0c42dpu0zhmy.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back