Homecoming Homemade Suit Build

princepeterpan

I'm a broke cosplayer pursuing their dream of being spiderman.

zol4vi6v36oy.jpgmattia-f-ruffo-spiderman-homemade-3d-model.jpg

What I've bought so far:
Red sweatshirt
Carolina Blue Sweatpants
Carolina Blue Long Sleeve Shirt
Goggles

My art page
Cosplay help blog

I was cutting the sleeves off the sweatshirt and I think I'll use the fabric for the mask (which I know a lot of people do) and the cuffs for the webshooter band. I'm also going to screen print the spider because I think it'll look more accurate than marker.

Im thinking of using http://angelusdirect.com/collections/paint/products/firered-paint to possibly paint a pair of water shoes. I need to look more into it but I have been wanting to try it out for a while. It's a heavy duty acrylic paint thats designed for painting sneakers.

I have also been time lapsing all of my build. I'm not sure if I should post it all at the end or bit by bit. I redid the pockets for screen accuracy so I think that's some of the most unique footage I have so far. But as someone who has sewing experience, then I think I might have a good take on that stuff.

I do have some! Here is the altered pockets

IMG_20180227_175314566.jpg
IMG_20180227_175417902.jpg
I need to take in the sweatshirt and I think I'm going to create seams in the sides from beneith the armpits, even though the sweatshirt didn't come with seams there. From my reference pics I think it is screen accurate to have seams there, I would love if someone has noticed this if they could let me know. I'll post the goggles after I go home for spring break and have access to my tulle and EVA foam.

I had to draw the spider symbol on with sharpie because I couldn't find screen printing emulsion anywhere and I didn't have the time to wait. I'm a little disappointed in how it came out, but it could be worse. I also took in the sides of the sweatshirt to be more fitted like it is on Tom. I might fix the sleeves, because they look too big for my body now.
IMG_20180321_114551849.jpg

I had to draw the spider symbol on with sharpie because I couldn't find screen printing emulsion anywhere and I didn't have the time to wait. I'm a little disappointed in how it came out, but it could be worse. I also took in the sides of the sweatshirt to be more fitted like it is on Tom. I might fix the sleeves, because they look too big for my body now.
View attachment 804173

Lucky for you, the actual suit only had a sharpie'd on logo.

Con was this weekend! These are some pics. I ended up finishing some of the hand sewing on the train. Definitely some things I'll need to fix for the long run, but it held up well for the whole weekend.
IMG_20180331_205723620.jpgIMG_20180331_210635429.jpgreceived_1909512932405649.jpeg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back