v2 weathering techniques

Morannon

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
With Anakin Starkiller's new run, I thought it would be good for everyone to throw around their favourite method for weathering the v2. I've read halliwax's thread, and Trent's stencil is a must when it comes to the paint job, but the patina is what has me interested. Olive oil, dish washer, vinegar, bleach, alu black? Feel free to throw around your processes.

I have been having really good luck aging aluminum in the dishwasher with oxyclean. Other dish detergents don't seem to work as well. I plan on running my V2 through the dish washer to get the metal nice, dark, and dull, then using 0000 steel wool to brighten up the parts that need to be lighter.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

I have been having really good luck aging aluminum in the dishwasher with oxyclean. Other dish detergents don't seem to work as well. I plan on running my V2 through the dish washer to get the metal nice, dark, and dull, then using 0000 steel wool to brighten up the parts that need to be lighter.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

The specific detergent would explain why I've seen people have some problems. Good tip! I'm thinking about giving mine an A14 bath and then doing the same with 0000 steel wool (after I bang it around a bunch)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back