Rebel Hoth gloves....take a look at these

vader45

Sr Member
I was on the hunt for gloves as I am building a Snowspeeder pilot costume. Right now I have the jacket from Anovos and the gloves with the com link.

In my search I found a recommended brand for the gloves but they were over $100 a pair. I though that was not fair since welding gloves are a dime a dozen for around $20. The problem was is the cuff was either black, brown or blue!! I was not about to spend over $100 just for the color grey.

It took me a few days of searching the net but I found a cost effective alternative that is very close to the originals. They are from the UK so there is a chance it might be the same Manufacture, who knows? The brand is Portwest found on this site.

https://www.fruugo.us/portwest-premium-tig-welding-gauntlet-glove-one-pair-pack/p-13930808-28846350

Going off the stock photo I thought I had to scrape off the stamp when I got them. To my surprise they had no stamp. The only issue with them is the cuff is a bout an inch or soo to short then what the photos showed, which does make them shorter then the originals. That was the only real issue when comparing them to the originals. Other then that they look great with my Jacket and after I bought the com link from eBay seller isellstufftoo and mounted and weathered it on the glove they are a great alternative to the more expensive brand.

I just wanted to share my find with you guys.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back