Blade Runner 2049 - K's Replicant Report Pad

Birdie

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
As discussed in the 2049 prop thread, K's Replicant report pad has been identified as a rare unbranded camera plate holder. I was lucky enough to score one on Ebay, which was in a lot of two with an equally rare holder seen at SDCC Blade Runner experience.

While researching the prop for replication, I discovered soething interesting.

Here's K with the pad:

svt6bc.jpg

In one brief shot, you can see that the front plate is used as a 'slide-in' cover:

2q99hfd.jpg

Going through my collected reference pics, I found this shot of the original prop on display (I think at the premiere?) that shows the cover detail:

29pvhbq.jpg

All the graphics for my replicas were created in Illustrator, thanks to temponaut who helped me out with the translation of the Japanes text. It says, 'Calorie Content' :lol

14ln2oh.jpg

nds8r5.jpg

2d29e77.jpg

Group shot with replicas of the other holders seen at SDCC

2rh7fcm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Another pic from the Blu-Ray extras. It's a real shame their aren't any higher-res pics of the file from SDCC, would be cool to replicate as a companion prop.

2lwn9j4.jpg

I'm sure I saw somewhere that someone (so vague) had offered up the writing to print on water slide decals. I've been searching for ages and can't find it. Am I going mad?

The sheet film holders used in the 13x18 plate holders are 12cm x 16.4cm. The pad for the full size prp would be about the same size

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back