ESB Lightsaber parts identification help.

xenochimp

Hi Folks,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help. But first I sorry for my ignorance as I'm sure this has been covered a million times already. Half way up the hilt of Luke's lightsaber there is a small rectangular circuit board type thing (see image below). I wanted to ask what this part is from?

Again I'm sorry as I'm sure everyone already knows this

luke-esb-07.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pete

i dont believe its been 100% confirmed where the circuit card came from, but many members have found some very close, HP bus circuit card, otis elevator circuit board... those two come to mind

wannawanga.com

and

slothfurnace.com

both sell really nice replicas if your looking for one

You’re right, this has been talked about at great length in multiple threads on here! It’s almost impossible to ID because even the same product from that time period could have different boards in different batches of product. The Exactra calculator that the bubble strip comes from has 3 different boards that I know of.

most likely this gold circuit board is from computer equipment. The plug is a 22 (or 44 if it’s the same on the other side) pin plug. Well that’s what you’d call the edge connector plug, and this is the matching part of the printed circuit board that you’d plug in. You only see 13 leads because it was cut down to fit inside the clamp, but the distance between the leads and the size of them give away the # of pins

i most recently have have used extension boards that are only an edge connector that runs straight to a set of these gold leads, most likely to extend a part of the motherboard out to the front of the interface (were talking OLD big computers) and an otis elevator board. I’ve heard Dover is anther source.

In in case you couldn’t tell, I’ve looked into these a LOT :lol

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back