Padme Lake dress and red Episode I dress

Juliusii

Hello! I have recently dedicated myself to joining the rebel legion as my one and only queen, Padme Amidala.

I am making both her lake dress and her red dress from the opening of Episode I.
IMG_0126.JPGIMG_0125.JPG

I've scoured the depths of the internet for references and seen both of these in person, but my resources have only gotten me so far. I would love your help with any and all references for making/purchasing/idolizing over these costumes. If anyone knows of any cosplay forums or communities that have research on these that would be awesome.

Thanks for the help!

padawansguide.com is a great source for reference photos of all of Padme's costumes :) They have some making of tips there too, but they're from when the movies first came out, so the information is good for a base, but I'm sure there's more accurate information out there now!

I love that red dress even though it's only in one shot (I think).

Will you be posting progress pics and such if you get some better reference to work from Juliusii ?

I'd love to see this thing attempted :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'm definitely going to be documenting my progress, probably on Instagram? My problem with making these is that they're probably the most complex costumes in all of Star Wars and the least recreated, so there's not much to work with. *sigh*. Nevertheless, I will have both of these done by Celebration 2019!!! I'm just beginning my journey now...

Oh, I remember there were long threads on TFN on dyeing the fabric for the "rainbow dress"... and how people had successes and disasters.
First, you had to use a fabric of natural fibres or it wouldn't take dye very well at all, then dip one end in dye and let it be sucked up by capillary action or something of that matter.

Be wary of dresses with a lot of embroidery. It could take you some time.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back