Anyone who has bought the DeAgo MF as a full kit

Dedalus5550

Sr Member
I'm wondering about the packaging. Is there a special boxing or is basically one big cardboard box full of individual "issues" in the bags like the subscribers got?
Thanks,
Mike

Hey Mike ,

There’s a guy from Sweden over on another website who purchased the full kit early last year . He posted a photo of it ... it came in one large cardboard box - individually bagged issues . He was happy to report that everything arrived safe and sound . Not sure how it’d be shipped to you in the states though .
Hope that helps .

Ged

I purchased it when it was on sale over BF weekend (US edition)

What I received were 6 large boxes (about 15" x 22" x 16"- though some vary a few inches in size, not all uniform). Inside those are 3 to 6 more boxes which I assume contain the individual issues.

The six boxes take up 29" x 22 x 38" of real estate, in two stacks of three boxes each.

I've only opened a couple of the big boxes so far. IIRC, one had 5 smaller boxes in it, the other had 3. So I expect between all six there will be around 25 boxes with 4 issues each.

I told myself I was going to have to inventory all the parts when the boxes came in, to make sure nothing is broken or missing, but I eventually realized when they did arrive how hopeless that would be. It's going to take actually sitting down with each issues and building it to know if anything is amiss. And that just ain't happening for a while.
Got a Zvesda Star Destroyer to finish, then a Bandai PF Falcon along with some smaller kits to tap first.

Realistically, I don't think I will be able to get much done on this until 2018 BF :cry

Probably not the wisest purchase I made last year.

Thanks for the replies. I should have mentioned I already have two complete kits that came by subscription. I was just wondering how the full kits were packaged. I probably won't re-sell either kit, and certainly not now. But while it was fresh in people's mind, I wanted to see if there's any significant way to describe it as a previous subscription as opposed to having bought it all at once. I can see myself eventually building two of these, one in flight and one on the ground, almost as a diorama. But I can also see a time when I'm just never going to find the space to even think about two of them.

I purchased it when it was on sale over BF weekend (US edition)

I told myself I was going to have to inventory all the parts when the boxes came in, to make sure nothing is broken or missing, but I eventually realized when they did arrive how hopeless that would be. It's going to take actually sitting down with each issues and building it to know if anything is amiss.

I can't remember hearing anyone missing parts, but I really don't think it's all that hard to inventory--if individual "issues" are packaged separately. Each booklet has pictures of parts included and you just compare that to what's in the bag (though there's a special place in Hell for the person responsible for that stupid slip of white paper in every bag that blocks your view of half of the contents).

Mike Todd

There was a set of greeblies that were accidentally left off the model when it was scanned and referenced by De Ago. They just started sending these out as a supplement to issue 100 (the pack is labeled 100A). They just started going out to US customers at the end of December so it's almost certain when I go to look for these in the boxes they won't be there.
Nor has any further packages from De Ago shown up.

I'll need to contact them tomorrow (which based on a prior call to their customer service, I expect to be another Indian call center nightmare) and formally request they send it to me.

I never did call customer service- but today, without any prior notification, I found a thin package in the mail.

Yup, inside the cardboard folder was a small manila envelope and inside that was packet 100A- the missing greeblies.

Very happy to see that De Ago is on the ball and I didn't need to jump through hoops to get these.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back