Did someone see the Electro MONOcular appear in TLJ ?

Fozz

Dear Macro Friends,

Did someone see the Electro MONOcular from the Visual Dictionary(page1) appear in The Last Jedi, or does someone have extra information on this subject?
It's based on a Sanyo Super 660 Camera and would be a nice build aside the Crait Binocular.

Thanks, Fons

electro monocular-1.jpgs-l160m0.jpg

Good find, Fons. Only saw TLJ once so far and don’t specifically remember seeing this one but would love to see one built.

This guy will have to get in line to be finished behind the other macros but should be a fun little build...

D1909BD6-B965-4062-A0F9-3E253E6C18EE_zps3z3e7k0p.jpg

Attachments

• 85AB3A1F-5BC4-4B58-A1A3-8CD502D6EDB1.jpeg
    85AB3A1F-5BC4-4B58-A1A3-8CD502D6EDB1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 304
666 might be right considering the location of the rem/sync plugs. I have a 660 on the way and think it will be just fine. The 440 also looks pretty much identical. On the prop, they added an extra section on the top edge of the camera, opposite the handle edge, which looks a lot like the viewfinder cowl on a Canon 518, if it is not too wide.

I saw the movie, now, 5 times and did not see these macros used anywhere. I’m thinking they might have either been in a scene that was cut (which we might hopefully see later?) or an unused alternate for the Bell and Howell based ones that were used by Poe.

I've only watched about five minutes of a bad CAM copy (just to see the Neuro-Saav rangefinder) but I think I spotted the Electromonocular. It's very small...

- - - Updated - - -

Up in one of the towers...
mono1.jpg mono2.jpg mono3.jpg

I agree with the 666 (typical Disney) theory. The black/silver pattern on the prop is almost reversed compared to the 440/660 so it could well just be painted silver.

I saw the one in the tower, too, but remember thinking it looked like another previously used one. I could be wrong, of course, it was relatively tiny and on/off screen pretty quickly.

I think it's more likely the VF on this is scratch built rather than coming from a Canon 518.

Welcom swcolts157 but me thinks that's a blaster you've circled next to the guy's head.

Definitely confused me for a minute there, but I think he's referring to the character on the left holding something that's half out of frame. The big red circle probably wasn't drawn by him.

Looks great and it's cheaper than sin. Would be great for even a custom build if someone needed some added tech.

Yeah, now I see it.

It'll be a simple build once you get a camera, just some paint and a VF box.

Interested to see what other reference photos can be found. I snagged a 600 and I will be attempting to build one.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back