Rogue one K2so droid display bust scratch build

5xxicemanxx5

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey rogue one fans after watching the movie rogue one in theaters one the main characters in it was the imperial droid i thought it was very unique i decided to go ahead an give it a try and see what i can do i wanted to build something for display as a bust something that stands out looks kool.heres what i came up with i had old skate board helmet laying around in my garage i. Used this as a base to start i cut in half in the middle a bit to make it a little bigger not to big about 2 inches.i made some more cuts on the bottom of the helmet mimicking some lines symatry around the dome kept going in using plastic sheets to form the bottom details also used bondo filler fill in and sand down into shape.heres are pics of how i did it.

KIMG0077.JPGKIMG0130.JPGKIMG0127.JPGKIMG0125.JPGKIMG0114.JPGKIMG0110.JPGKIMG0109.JPGKIMG0083.JPGKIMG0078.JPGKIMG0131.JPG

After finishing the mold process on the head i continue the build working on the neck details i used references from hot toys model among other references available i used my imagination to create this using pvc pipes.i also wood to make the bottom section where neck attaches too i used toys parts i had to create the detail section with greeblies.the eyes were scratch build i used plastic sheets to make took some practice but i got it after ten tries or so but it paid off for me as i got the shape i wanted for it.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back