Blade Runner 2049 Badge Wallet Lighting

Iguanaman

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Whenever K opens his badge/wallet the top ID section appears to be backlit. I tried using an e_Panel from AdaFruit but the output is a pretty dim light. Has anyone tried or have suggestions on a better backlight solution?

Whenever K opens his badge/wallet the top ID section appears to be backlit. I tried using an e_Panel from AdaFruit but the output is a pretty dim light. Has anyone tried or have suggestions on a better backlight solution?
I'm modifying a replacement iPhone screen backlight panel for mine:
attachment.php

Full post here: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=276755&page=25&p=4387679&viewfull=1#post4387679

That is lit using 4 surface mount LEDs in series (removed from the backlight strip and mounted on a prototyping board), which are powered from a tiny 3V to 12V boost converter. I've got a super-slim 3V Lithium-Manganese cell to power it and switched using a reed switch and magnet. I'm waiting for my wallet to arrive so I can see how big it needs to be and if I can squeeze it all in.

How does the size compare to the ID and typical wallet size. It looks like it might be too wide but I cannot be sure

How does the size compare to the ID and typical wallet size. It looks like it might be too wide but I cannot be sure
The backlight panels are just a sandwich of plastic sheets, so they can be cut down to the required size (or find a phone with the right screen size and get a replacement panel for it).
How big is a standard US police ID card - about 3.5 x 2 inches?.

I'm modifying a replacement iPhone screen backlight panel for mine:
https://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=786663&d=1515707473
Full post here: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=276755&page=25&p=4387679&viewfull=1#post4387679

That is lit using 4 surface mount LEDs in series (removed from the backlight strip and mounted on a prototyping board), which are powered from a tiny 3V to 12V boost converter. I've got a super-slim 3V Lithium-Manganese cell to power it and switched using a reed switch and magnet. I'm waiting for my wallet to arrive so I can see how big it needs to be and if I can squeeze it all in.

Dude,you're like Tony Stark!

He IS Tony Stark. Jeez cant you just throw some cheap leds behind a clear card with maybe a gauzy sheet in between? I cant image a wallet with a real LED screen in it.

That’ll be really interesting. I thought about using that for mine a long time ago but couldn’t figure out the sizing. I’m definitely looking forward to your progress.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back