Han Solo blaster weight

roguefx

Hey all, I'm about 50 hours into printing a replica DL44, I'll start building this weekend. I thought I'd throw in some lead weights throughout to give it a little heft, but it occurs to me I have no idea how much an accurate prop (ANH configuration) weighs. Anyone know the weight?

If you're using a denix, it weighs a TON! haha. I'm always surprised at how heavy they are, especially after you add on the sight and greeblies.

I believe an all-metal Denix-based replica will weigh about 4 to 4 1/2 lbs. the all aluminum Evike dL-44 weighs 2 1/2 lbs. both feel pretty heavy in a hip holster.

Here is my AW Custom:
2a29b3c85231afe303fbb2686aa93c74.jpg

And my WIP Denix with DEC parts except with Todd's Scope:
64fcef884b4c839f5b0d9fab92d2b867.jpg

The all metal blasters in the Skywalker Ranch Archives are heavy and although I can't be sure of the weight I would put them at around 3lbs.
The scope and scope attachments also contribute to the overall weight so it would depend on the type of scope (ie ANH or ESB) and the kind of metal used for the mount.

Personally I wouldn't make it as heavy as 3lb's simply because it becomes unwieldy if you want to sometimes use it for anything other than display.
It would also conceivably put enormous stress on your 3D print

Good luck.

MARK

Mine is built from real parts (with machined DAC scope bracket) and weighs 1.49kg or 4lb 4oz. The combination of hollow bull barrel and not having cut the C96 barrel means it would be pretty close to the weight had I used a solid bull barrel and cut the C96 barrel. Most people are surprised of the weight when they pick it up.

Yes it's unwieldy, which probably explains why Harrison Ford looked ridiculous firing it in ANH!

Thanks everyone! It’s a heavy little bugger isn’t it. Not sure I can cram enough lead into the voids to get there, but I’ll give it some weight regardless.

First pass at the parts. The grill came loose from the bed and caused some chaos, but the next pass has everything looking pretty good.
318C48D7-8B4E-424D-92C4-4DF1F540AE2B.jpeg

For your blaser, I recommend using this mod from jonnieZG on Thingiverse.
Han Solo Blaster DL-44 - M4 Screw Mods.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished it up last night. I packed some lead into the voids and got it up to 16oz, so about 1/3-1/4 the actual weight, but I'm still super happy with the results. Thanks for all the info!

IMG_7826.jpg

Printed in eSun PLA on a Creality CR-10. Smoothed with filler primer, spot putty and loads of sanding. Glued with CA. Weighted with lead fishing sinkers hammered into shape, mostly in the main body, added one in the handle and another in the barrel. Painted with rattle cans, weathered with silver enamel, oil paint and silver rub n buff.

Mine is a denix with real scope, scope mount is cast and machined aluminum, and a machined steel barrel, sights, and bull barrel. It weighs 4lbs 1oz. Heavy heavy heavy but I still wear it in the gun belt and it feels AWESOME! Adds the real-deal-feel to the prop if you will ;).

And just as a side note: That print came off beautiful! If you were to ever offer these up in a run you could definitely count me in :$

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back