2018 So Cal RPF Prop Party

I was thinking of going to Apex while I'm down there for the party. You guys think its worth it anymore? I would mainly be looking for BTTF time machine parts. Im guessing the staff there gets a lot of people looking for that kind of stuff so they would know what they have?

Thanks
Matt

Also anyone going to bring a Delorean to the party?

I guarantee you there will not be any Time Machine parts left. Joe Walser and others have picked it clean. Right now I don’t think anyone is bringing a time machine.

Gone are the good old days of finding cool stuff at Apex. It's pretty well picked over and all of the really good stuff is now behind a fence in the RENTAL ONLY section. They also tend to price things based on how badly they think you want it. To be honest, the owner is kind of a jerk about it, especially if he thinks you're shopping for a movie or TV project. Still, if you're in from out of town it might be worth a quick stop. It's not far from Frank's. Just don't expect too much...

Dropping off, Parking and space/tables:

There is a fairly large parking lot that is shared with the company next door to Thingergy (Franks Shop). We are reserving about 6-7 spots for the Star Cars (Nathan). There will be another 10 or so spots for first come first serve people. There will be tons of street parking on Ontario.

For dropping off large/heavy pieces. There are two large delivery bay doors that will be open. Please try to be efficient in your drop off and don’t keep your car parked there for too long. That way we don’t block the area and everyone will have room to drop off.

We will have plenty of table space for everyone. About 4 times as much as last year. Along with MUCH more space for costumes/mannequins or other larger pieces. If you have an abnormally huge piece (that’s what she said), please let me know.

Please remember that this is a fully functional FX shop. There are heavy objects and delicate pieces along with tools, sharp objects laying around. If you are bringing children, PLEASE PLEASE keep an eye on them at all times. We’ve never had any issues in the past but we don’t want to start now.

Can’t wait to see you all next week. For all those waiting to pay at the last minute...this is the last minute.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brad

I just sent payment for SG-RB aka Randy Burks in San Diego. It's been a while since I've made to one of these!

Comin in hot! I thought I was gonna be outta town for work but now I don't leave till Monday. Jedifyfe I just sent over my payment. Bring on the 'za.

Looking forward to this. It'll be my first one. If anyone wants me to bring something from my collection, lemme know.

I was thinking of bringing these things tomorrow.

My Iron Man signed by Stan Lee
My Mr. Fusion signed by Christopher Lloyd
My 3d printed Rocketeer Cirrus x3 rocket
A few parts to my Baymax build, helmet, chest, and hand.

Let me know if these are good to bring.

Thanks
Matt
a9646705c6250c539071517aea70c37a.jpg
0d8ededd603107c72ad04d8b5dcc05c5.jpg
716db878017b374db9629edc3192c3f7.jpg
b721491175ee2234b7104566723c8655.jpg
f01f0b162f1ff18a817f2369a7283971.jpg
332e3820b8f557f6eb463d9f6bd7c0df.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jedifyfe big thanks to you and Frank for putting on today's event. Glad I could finally make it to one of these. It was funny, I was chatting with someone and they said the great thing about the RPF party is that usually there's a guy who will walk up to your replica and tell you he worked on the original. Sure enough someone asked me about my riddler cane and told me he was one of the prop makers who did all sorts of Batman Forever props. I got to pick his brain about what I got right on mine and what was not so right.

Here are some pics from the day.

IMG_3155.jpgIMG_3156.jpgIMG_3160.jpgIMG_3164.jpgIMG_3165.jpgIMG_3167.jpgIMG_3172.jpgIMG_3174.jpgIMG_3176.jpgIMG_3175.jpgIMG_3177.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3154.jpg
    IMG_3154.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 243
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back