Diminutive DL-44 - A.K.A. a “kid sized” DL-44

shpider

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I didn't post this earlier because I thought it was a little bit silly compared to the amazing work that I find here on the RPF... But what the heck others might want to build one for their kids too... Although, disclaimer, they will probably shoot their eye out...

I got a huge surprise... ok maybe not huge... but a ¾ sized surprise when I found one of these ¾ sized airsoft mausers was in the bottom of a box of items (crap) I purchased online at a local auction house... It seemed like the perfect base for a "kid sized" DL-44 for a friends son... I downloaded this DL-44 project from Thingaverse... resized everything to about 60% (if memory serves) and printed the required parts on my Lulzbot mini... A little sanding, filling, painting, drilling, and tapping later this was the end result... I think it turned out great... so much so that I decided to keep it instead of giving it to a friends kid as I had originally intended... My girlfriend can use it for cosplay instead...

I8SI151.jpg

nEDt0bR.jpg

Size comparison to an AW Custom Airsoft that's waiting to be repainted / weathered etc.

RRXXHwx.jpg

There are a few more images in the imgur album found here https://imgur.com/a/OKqSm

I8SI151.jpg

VF4M5qt.jpg

nEDt0bR.jpg

RRXXHwx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Diminutive DL-44 - A.K.A. a "kid sized" DL-44

I think that's awesome!!
I'd have a hard time handing that over to ANY kid that wasn't mine. Understandable you're keeping it :lol

Last edited:
Diminutive DL-44 - A.K.A. a "kid sized" DL-44

That looks brilliant, shpider! Definitely something to be proud of. Who cares if it’s slightly smaller and didn’t cost you hundreds of $$$s in vintage parts? :p It’s still instantly recognisable as Han Solo’s DL-44, so in my book you’ve got a winner.

I think you really nailed the weathering too, hopefully mine will turn out just as good. [emoji6]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Diminutive DL-44 - A.K.A. a "kid sized" DL-44

That is so cool.
Gotta be pleased with how well it translates to the full size prop.
The detailing is Awsome.
Any info on the gun itself?
Would love to pick one up and give it the works for one of the nieces or nephews.
Robert

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back