Is Disney/LFL incapable of making anything new?

I think another issue is people think that Star Wars is for kids.
GL made the first 3 films for himself and his piers (Spielberg ect.)
But when he made the prequels he was a father so he made them for his kids and now he has forget that Star Wars wasn't made for kids.

In like 18 months technically, yes, because the fox deal doesn't fully go though for a while because of US monopoly laws.

"Dear friends, today is the day the clown cried. And he cries not for the passing of one man, but for the death of a dream: the dream that he would someday taste the ultimate victory over his hated enemy. For it was the Batman who made me the happy soul I am today. How I agonized over the perfect way to thank him for that! Perhaps with a cyanide pie in the face, or an exploding whoopee cushion playfully planted in the Batmobile. But those dreams were dashed (starts getting angry) by the weaselly little gunsel sitting there in our midst. The cowardly, insignificant goniff who probably got lucky when Batman slipped on the slime trail this loser left behind him! This mound of diseased hyena filth who's not fit to lick the dirt from my spats! (suddenly cheerful again) But I digress. The time for sorrow has passed. It's time to look ahead, to a future filled with smiles. And I'll be smiling again, just as soon as we take that man there and slap him in that box there, and roll it into that vat of acid there!"

Ok Mark, I love this verse. I knew I read it somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Say a bad word about Disney and you are all over it like a cheap suit but ask about putting some money back in to the place you treat as your own personal marketing tool and you clam up tighter than a ducks arse.

At least visit another part of the forum once and a while, the good people at ZOOT will be happy with that at least.:lol

I started a thread just last week in the SW Prop section showing an image of Ben Solo's saber and how it compares to Kylo Ren's. :) Honestly, I never really looked at what a Premium membership provides although I have been around these parts for an awful long time. I've been sponsored by Zoot Sports since 2008, they are a triathlon clothing and wet suit company. You're right, I need to sharpen up my marketing game. :)

I started a thread just last week in the SW Prop section showing an image of Ben Solo's saber and how it compares to Kylo Ren's. :) Honestly, I never really looked at what a Premium membership provides although I have been around these parts for an awful long time. I've been sponsored by Zoot Sports since 2008, they are a triathlon clothing and wet suit company. You're right, I need to sharpen up my marketing game. :)

Gee, Star Wars related, I`m totally shocked, why dont you get a Premium Membership and show some financial support and respect for the place?

I'm confused, what are you trying to say?

Nothing that hasnt already been said by others just a page back. Maybe you should focus your energy in the actual The Last Jedi thread where pretty much everything you comment on is related to. Just some friendly advise from one who has been here a very long time as opposed to someone who has been here a very short time.

I guess The Last Jedi thread is no place for a 15 year old anyway, Since I voluntarily scrapped it off my shoe it has become even more toxic than ever, so please, carry on as anything I feel left unanswered I can just re quote and bring back in to the light down the track.

Gee, Star Wars related, I`m totally shocked, why dont you get a Premium Membership and show some financial support and respect for the place?

Isn’t 8220 pure gold comments and content contributions over 16 years a sufficient sign of respect and community building?! :)

8221, boom!

Isn’t 8220 pure gold comments and content contributions over 16 years a sufficient sign of respect and community building?! :)

8219 marketing related.... boom boom. You can kid yourself but not the membership:lol. Surely the cost is nothing to you. The more you dodge...well.

Maybe you should logoff again and come back in 10 minutes with another zinger.:)

Last edited:
8219 marketing related.... boom boom. You can kid yourself but not the membership:lol. Surely the cost is nothing to you. The more you dodge...well.

Paying for a Premium Membership for me isn’t an effective use of capital. Not a knock on those who do, and it’s great they have found a way to monetize the RPF beyond advertising.

Paying for a Premium Membership for me isn’t an effective use of capital. Not a knock on those who do, and it’s great they have found a way to monetize the RPF beyond advertising.

I`m not surprised that you dont find any capital in simple respect.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back