Is Disney/LFL incapable of making anything new?

If Neill is KrangPrime, how does that relate to me? I have never posted anything along those lines in any thread and I defy you to say any different, much less prove it.

It doesn't, no-one said it did. A correlation was made between his past behaviour and current behaviour going on in the TLJ thread.

I still fail to see how, your obvious miscomprehension of that post equals him having to provide a token of respect to the board via membership upgrade. I'm sure it makes sense to you though.

Exactly the movies were made for millennials and thats why they are flawed, the plan should have been to make good movies first, not sell toys, not attract millennials or other identity groups, just a good movie. Its why the prequels suck they were made for little kids not adults
Um, hate to break your bubble, but according to George Lucas, SW has always been for kids.

As its mostly a swipe at the latest Star Wars by the Dune director himself, its fine right here.

No it's not. DUNE is far more mature in nature then SW ever was or ever will be. SW is a kids franchise first and foremost. @CY1138 is correct, that came straight from George and nothing has changed. I'm excited for Villeneuve get a crack at DUNE although I thought the sci-fi miniseries wasn't bad. And Blade Runner 2049 was terrific. DUNE is the only book series other then Lord of the Rings I have read multiple times including the more recent Brian Herbert stuff. many elements for George's SW were lifted right from DUNE.

Um, hate to break your bubble, but according to George Lucas, SW has always been for kids.

Hate to burst your bubble but your only half right. When George Lucas made Star Wars movies they were for kids.

When you introduce a Patricide scene straight out of John Wick and breast milking scenes dripping with sexual innuendo (see what I did there) you are targeting a completely different market.

Take the scene where Anakin returns to Jedi HQ to eliminate the younglings for example. It made its point nicely by stopping at the lighsaber igniting and the timeless reaction by the young actor. If redone by todays so called creators, it would not have been so subtle.

- - - Updated - - -

No it's not. DUNE is far more mature in nature then SW ever was or ever will be. SW is a kids franchise first and foremost. @CY1138 is correct, that came straight from George and nothing has changed. I'm excited for Villeneuve get a crack at DUNE although I thought the sci-fi miniseries wasn't bad. And Blade Runner 2049 was terrific. DUNE is the only book series other then Lord of the Rings I have read multiple times including the more recent Brian Herbert stuff. many elements for George's SW were lifted right from DUNE.

See above post. Wow, talk about great timing.:lol

If you read the massive "The Making of Star Wars" book by J. W. Rinzler it is pretty clear GL made Star Wars (aka ANH) for himself and his 20 year old filmmaking buddies (Spielberg ect.)
I heard what he said at SWC, but remember when he made the the prequels he was a then father.

edit* On the other hand ANH does closely follow "the hero's journey" which itself is a metaphor for adolescents.

Hate to burst your bubble but your only half right. When George Lucas made Star Wars movies they were for kids.

When you introduce a Patricide scene straight out of John Wick and breast milking scenes dripping with sexual innuendo (see what I did there) you are targeting a completely different market.

Take the scene where Anakin returns to Jedi HQ to eliminate the younglings for example. It made its point nicely by stopping at the lighsaber igniting and the timeless reaction by the young actor. If redone by todays so called creators, it would not have been so subtle.

- - - Updated - - -

See above post.

That's a pretty thin argument. Two sequences in the two most recent films doesn't alter the truth underlying a catalogue of 9 films at this point. I was a little freaked out in '77 seeing the Lar's families smoldering skeletons, Luke's hand departing his forearm, and then a Gamorean being eaten alive by a Rancor. Mild by todays standard and I think that's worth noting. PG-13 isn't what it used to be back in 1984 when they came up with hit.

Sure Bryan.:lol

And I got you to point out two new original elements of SW storytelling from the new films to make you poop on your own thread topic. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Hey I'm just wondering what was the fan reaction like when Menace came out (maybe comparing to last Jedi)

In general people liked it but as time wore on they became less generous. I still think it's the best looking Star Wars film and can enjoy it even today.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back