Is Disney/LFL incapable of making anything new?

Oh those damn millennials just ruin everything, don't they. :facepalm

It is a fact that virtually all modern movies are made for millennials. That's not an insult, just reality. Most of the people complaining about the modern movies are not millennials, they are people who have spent their entire lives watching Star Wars. There is a fundamentally different viewpoint that goes into the modern movies that didn't go into the original trilogy. We want original trilogy, we don't want the crap they're peddling now. That's just reality. Deal with it.

It is a fact that virtually all modern movies are made for millennials. That's not an insult, just reality. Most of the people complaining about the modern movies are not millennials, they are people who have spent their entire lives watching Star Wars. There is a fundamentally different viewpoint that goes into the modern movies that didn't go into the original trilogy. We want original trilogy, we don't want the crap they're peddling now. That's just reality. Deal with it.
If you want the OT then watch the OT. The new movies aren't the OT they're the ST. No one is forcing you (puns) to watch the new movies.

I agree that Millennials are the target now. But I fail to see how that messes up the movies. What does that even change?

The bigger presence of women & minorities?
You could switch around the colors & genders of these new SW characters and the scripts would hardly change at all. Colors/genders might factor more in future movies but it hasn't been that way yet.

The decreased focus/links with the OT?
The biggest criticism of TFA was the retreaded feel. TLJ lost most of its Chinese box office because it demanded OT familiarity. Rogue One was seriously entwined with the OT too.

These movies are made for Millennials, and these movies have been flawed, but I don't see evidence of causation there.

The avatar is painting of me, as the clown prince of crime (also evil Luke, mark hamill joker)
And back to the topic of this thread, I think the ST has done new stuff with TLJ and it turns out some people don't like it and the box office has reflected that. I think new ideas about Star Wars won't make as much money as a Rouge One or possibility Solo, but we will find that out in May. And since making movies is a business, Disney and LF will do whatever makes then the most money.

Last edited:
The avatar is painting of me, as the clown prince of crime (also evil Luke!)
And back to the topic of this thread, I think the ST has done new stuff with TLJ and it turns out some people don't like it and the box office has reflected that. I think new ideas about Star Wars won't make as much money as a Rouge One or possibility Solo, but we will find that out in May. And since making movies is a business, Disney and LF will do whatever makes then the most money.

Ah, you mean the "new" Jake Skywalker. You are wise beyond your fifteen years.;)

Last edited:
I agree that Millennials are the target now. But I fail to see how that messes up the movies. What does that even change?

These movies are made for Millennials, and these movies have been flawed, but I don't see evidence of causation there.

Exactly the movies were made for millennials and thats why they are flawed, the plan should have been to make good movies first, not sell toys, not attract millennials or other identity groups, just a good movie. Its why the prequels suck they were made for little kids not adults

If you want the OT then watch the OT. The new movies aren't the OT they're the ST. No one is forcing you (puns) to watch the new movies.

And I'm not. Haven't seen TLJ, won't bother until it comes out on Bluray. But you can't tell people what they're allowed to watch and what they're not. They can express any opinion they want. You don't have to like it, you also don't have to whine about it.

Exactly the movies were made for millennials and thats why they are flawed, the plan should have been to make good movies first, not sell toys, not attract millennials or other identity groups, just a good movie. Its why the prequels suck they were made for little kids not adults
In an ideal world this should be how movies are made.

Mr. Webber since you started this thread your answer intrigues me the most, do you want for LF to make movies that introduce new ideas or do you want them to follow the OT very closely? ( specifically with the episodic films )

In less than 24hrs you have gone from TLJ making you cry in one scene from its beauty to panning it. Consistency is a major factor when moving forward.

As you have come in with all guns blazing, its important not to shoot everyone in the room.

yes, I know, I meant in general, I know Jackie Chan was called big nose by Chinese people, and I also know lots of asian people seem to hate other asian people for no reason, like dogs dont like cats, my response was to robn1 and their claims chinese people were bigots. disney owns everything now, avatar, star wars, marvel etc etc. It seems they are not out of new ideas but full of bad ones, heres an example the disney dinosaur movie was focused on Carnotaurus not T-rex, I believe it was because they wanted to be "different" from the JP franchise, I believe T-rex would've been a better character, lots of dumb ideas come out of studios like the remastering of ET where guns are replaced with walkie talkies-but thats universal

I consider it more like Vichy France. Yes, the government is overthrown, and there's no standing official military to take on the First Order, but that doesn't mean France is destroyed any more than it means that the defiance that lives within the French people is gone.

Then I guess ESB is poorly written too.

Seen it 3 times. I saw it the Monday after opening weekend (earliest I could get a ticket), then Christmas Day, then again New Years day.

Oh those damn millennials just ruin everything, don't they. :facepalm

Interesting you bring up the french resistance. Because the New republic letting the resistance do all the fighting would be like the USA and UK sitting back and letting the french resistance handle WW2. In TLJ the "signal" sent out by the resistance for help did not attract any takers. So, again...where is the government to fight the FO?

How is ESB poorly written?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back