Is Disney/LFL incapable of making anything new?

How much "new" stuff do you think LF can actually put in a Indy film? I don't think there is as much you can do in Indy as Star Wars just by the nature and size and scale.
I personally would rather LF make Indy films set in the 30s and 40s starring Chris Pratt than having them set after KotCS in the 50s and 60s with super old Indy.

Net neutrality is a minor issue when compared to the ramifications of Disney gobbling up all the movie franchises.

Having all these titles under the control of one entity will lead to compromise after compromise in terms of basic things such as trailer release dates and opening dates to major things such as dulling down ideas. softening levels of violence and control over the theatre owners.

And dont expect the critics to be any less cooperative with them once they will pretty much wil be the only studio releasing the films we all tend to gravitate to here.

Well that`s as obvious as the sun rise and sun set but does nothing to address the issues and concerns raised in my post.

Everyone complains that there's nothing original out there, if Disney owns every single franchise, it just means more original content for everyone. Win win.

Everyone complains that there's nothing original out there, if Disney owns every single franchise, it just means more original content for everyone. Win win.

If one company produces everything, wouldn't that be "marginal, marginal".
Products could only be compared to themselves... good, bad or indifferent... there wouldn't be any variation thanks to the monopoly.

As old consumers die off so too would the memory of a differing market.
In the end everything would be the flavor of beige.

If one company produces everything, wouldn't that be "marginal, marginal".
Products could only be compared to themselves... good, bad or indifferent... there wouldn't be any variation thanks to the monopoly.

As old consumers die off so too would the memory of a differing market.
In the end everything would be the flavor of beige.

One Mouse to rule them ALL

One Mouse to rule them ALL

If it continues and the old consumers die off, then there will be no "Mouse" to rule in the toy industry. They need to find a way to turn the heads of this generation from PC and cell phone screens. Otherwise, the physical aspect of toys will disappear faster than betamax.

Edit: Sorry, thought I was in the toy thread.

Last edited:
This thread:

F2AD26BC-7BFA-41DE-A77E-B86EBE4203E6.jpeg

Paying is good. I did, and I'm glad I did.

Pressuring others to, or suggesting that somehow they don't count otherwise is not good.

And how far from the fold have we strayed if you get me defending Bryan in a thread about new Star Wars? now I have to go to you tube and watch more "Rey is a Mary Sue" videos to get the world back to normal.

Edit: also...Wook is a Luddite.

Paying is good. I did, and I'm glad I did.

Pressuring others to, or suggesting that somehow they don't count otherwise is not good.

And how far from the fold have we strayed if you get me defending Bryan in a thread about new Star Wars?  now I have to go to you tube and watch more "Rey is a Mary Sue" videos to get the world back to normal.

Edit: also...Wook is a Luddite. 

I love that word! lol I've used "luddite" in real-life conversations, but no one ever knows what it is. Same goes for "troglodyte". And yes, I am a luddite (when it comes to paying online), and proud of it! lmao

But hey man, here's a great video to get you back on track after being Bryan's white knight. It seems to end about halfway through, but watch the whole 20 minutes, it's brilliant! LMFAO

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=R0QPCS4a84k[/video]

The Wook

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back