Are Star Wars toys just not selling?

I keep a few characters on my desk. Storm/snow/scout troopers.

And a hoth Luke and han.

I'd really love a Fett.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I don't know why we have a transforming BB-8 playset. I was far more impressed by the work that went into playsets that was supposed to be the playset without that gimmick shell, which often sacrifices a lot to fit inside a particular shape.

The newer Millenium Falcon is garbage compared to the older ones that just wanted to get the vessel right by design of the film. Often it's the added gimmicks that make me less want to buy a figure/vehicle/playset.

TPM's comm-tech chip thing was TERRIBLE. Anything that went beyond the basic figure and issued weapon was a terrible idea. Call me old-fashioned for the vintage, but some of the build-a-whatever left me thinking, "When the heck was this ever shown in the movie? WHAT IS THIS GARBAGE??" And it all adds cost to the figure. I don't want more added value to the $9.99 price tag. I want a better quality basic $7.99 figure.

And then you have all the fancier packaging that actually looks cheaper than the vintage designs. I really really don't like any of the artwork-style stuff that has come out post-Kenner 80's era. The nice big fat photo of the character with classic black card and logo has never been beat. From Star Wars (ANH) to ESB to ROTJ the design remained consistent and nothing looked like it didn't belong. And then the black series packaging is a complete bore-fest.

The toys these days are just presented so cheaply. The last figure I bought was a Force Awakens Kylo Ren figure, but that's out of being a Kylo fan and wear the costume in the 501st.

I didn't really have a set direction I was planning to take with this post. I guess I'm just ranting and being an old 39 year-old grump schooling about the "Good old days" hahah!

I think the biggest reason I bought the 6" 40th Anniversary figures was because of the classic packaging. Now I am not even sure if it was out of nostalgia or the packaging was great? But I convinced me to buy them, and I don't typically collect figures. I do agree though, the classic packaging was absolutely the best!

They are not dead in Japan, just triple the price. I only buy my son droids, and Im building a full scale MSE, and collecting parts for a full scale R2 series astromech. The price for Star Wars items is stupid here, I was looking at a Stormtrooper decanter in the USA they are on Amazon USA for $US40, here in Japan same decanter is on Amazon Japan for $US280
29598030_143189789847953_3589526974481260283_n.jpg

It's funny, at the local Toys R Us, the self are starting to clear out, but the Star Wars aisle was still full. Not a soul even looking at them.

While the majority of Star Wars toys may not be selling...
The Black series OT Tarkin and Deathstar Trooper aren't even finding there way to the pegs.

According to Fwoosh, If people see a box or pallet, they are busting it open and digging all of those two out before the store employees can stock the shelf.
I hope they are hooking up friends and not dumping them on ebay.

If people see a box or pallet, they are busting it open and digging all of those two out before the store employees can stock the shelf.

The stores will make their business - unless these people "forget" to pay at checkout.

The ebay scalpers are a plague these days (in the figurative sense). However, if they want to buy things only to re-sell them at inflated prices - let them do so. There are always two, the seller and someone who is dumb enough to accept the offer. If there are no buyers they will keep trunkloads of stuff that does not sell. So my advice is, do not pay insane prices and wait a few weeks till the first rush is over and buy from your trusted (= non-scalping) shop. :)

Unfortunately, I have still been unable to get wave 2 of the 6 inch 40th Anniversary figs. I had them on pre-order/backorder for about 10 months with one vendor and finally cancelled it. I did see one Death Star Commander in TRU about 2 weeks before the announced closing sales. But by then I was kinda "meh" on just getting that one fig.

You can't imagine how I would love to see those prices in Germany. Here they still try to get rid of all these terrible TFA figs at 25 - 35 € (=30 - 40 US-$)! :D

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back