Show off your TLJ Luke lightsaber!!(balance v4)

"Creepy Uncle"...

That has a certain, well, "creepy" vibe to it that is more along the lines of a "To Catch A Predator" episode...

"I'm Chris Matthews....why don't you sit down Master Skywalker?"

https://youtu.be/7qCESSohvT4

Wouldn't "Homicidal Impulse Uncle" be more on point?

While we're on this theme, wouldn't the correct name for the GRAFLEX saber be "The Youngling Slayer"?

No, it's apt. When I saw the scene in TLJ it seemed like a disturbing thing. I don't think for a moment they want to imply Luke molested his nephew, but I think they built the scene around the idea that it was a betrayal of that magnitude.

No, it's apt. When I saw the scene in TLJ it seemed like a disturbing thing. I don't think for a moment they want to imply Luke molested his nephew, but I think they built the scene around the idea that it was a betrayal of that magnitude.

How about "Poorly-Written, Completely Out-of-Character, Uncle Saber"?

:)

I guess he was pretty creepy in those scenes.

Last edited:
How about "Poorly-Written, Completely Out-of-Character Uncle Saber"?

:)

I guess he was pretty creepy in those scenes.

Poorly-written? Screenshot9520180104-083933.jpg

Food for thought.........sorry not trying to derail thread too much:D I prefer calling it the V4. Kinda goes along with V2, and V3, but hey just my opinion!

I think you’ll find that there are many people who don’t call it by that name. It’s the Luke TLJ lightsaber. Plain and simple. It’s like the Facebook groups referring to a graflex as a flex. It’s supposed to be a fun or trendy name for those that like that sort of thing, but it’s just nonsense to everyone else.

Last edited:
same thing, i just dipped it in the brass ager for a bit and took it right out. Did it several times. It got pretty dark at one point but i just knocked it back with some steel wool. Used the same method on the CU as well.

Roman's Balance is the first Hero I've really loved. I'm not sure exactly what it is about it, but it works for me.

Still don't like the way the control box looks, though

Roman's Balance is the first Hero I've really loved. I'm not sure exactly what it is about it, but it works for me.

Still don't like the way the control box looks, though

I love romans v4 as well. Once I’m done fx-ing it I’ll show it off.

I’ve upgraded my control box and emitter, and done some custom machine work to it

I’ve upgraded my control box and emitter, and done some custom machine work to it
My issue with the control box is kind of unfixable. I just don't like the way it kinda juts out out of the hilt, like it was just glued onto a round tube. Which, in fairness, it sort of was

My issue with the control box is kind of unfixable. I just don't like the way it kinda juts out out of the hilt, like it was just glued onto a round tube. Which, in fairness, it sort of was

Hmmm... I don’t follow. When I get home I’ll look at mine see if I understand better

I was referring to the bigger arrows and the deleted arrow plate

Now his new box is smooth with larger arrows

The the emitter has been reworked

It’s one of my top 5 favorite hilts I own

Hmmm... I don’t follow. When I get home I’ll look at mine see if I understand better
It's mostly not liking the way the control box connects to the hilt. It mimics a Graflex control box, but where that connects with curved lines and the sidebars, the Hero has straight lines and right angles. It's a small detail that's just not to my tastes. Which is a bummer, since I do like the black buttons, and arrows, and the copper rails and clamp card

This is my V1 :)

Attachments

• creepyuncle2.jpg
    creepyuncle2.jpg
    594.6 KB · Views: 265
  • creepyuncle3.jpg
    creepyuncle3.jpg
    532.8 KB · Views: 265
  • creepyuncle4.jpg
    creepyuncle4.jpg
    626.4 KB · Views: 213
  • Ep81.PNG
    Ep81.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 271
  • Ep82.PNG
    Ep82.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 166
View attachment 896426
:angry NO NOT THAT CREEPY UNCLE!!! :angry

THIS CREEPY UNCLE!!
View attachment 896428

First off all joking aside, I am totally blown away with Roman Props new Balance v4! If anyone is wondering about the creepy uncle, Seths gave lukes green lightsaber in TLJ the nickname "the creepy uncle" and once he said that it has stuck with me! so from there on out i have always referred to this saber as just that! so thank you seth!

This isn't really a tutorial because i took many liberties with this project, and its more of a fun free wheeling afternoons work. The saber came to me mostly assembled, minus the tri ring, and arrows.

so right away i had to take it all apart and see what makes it tick
View attachment 896429

all beautiful cnc'ed aluminum, and copper, anodize... just gorgeous!

my goal was to mimic the saber's look in the picture below, which to me had some heavy aluminum weathering, though in TLJ i think the creepy uncle may be a tad bit cleaner... still up in the air until the bluray. but since this is a fun saber for me, anything goes!!
View attachment 896430

so before i start beating this up, and weathering it out, i took a nice clean shiny pic of her. before she goes off for the chemical burns!
View attachment 896431

in my haste, i e6000'ed the arrows in. i wasn't thinking, i should have waited, because it would have made the oven clean bath much easier
View attachment 896433

a few hours later i just used a skewer to remove the extra e6000 webbing, cleans up great!
View attachment 896434

the pommel cubes i ended up wet sanding with 320, then polishing with my dremel with jewelers polish to smooth them over
View attachment 896435

View attachment 896436

soaked and scrubbed the pommel with alcohol to remove the polish, and then off to the driveway for the oven clean bath!
View attachment 896438

I ended up soaking them for 20 minutes. i also used a cheap paint brush from the toy section from the dollar store, with this brush i was able to put the over flow of oven clean on the control box and avoided the black button and arrows. it would have been much easier to just wait to glue the arrows on... but live and learn
View attachment 896439

let soak for 20 minutes then washed in warm soapy water, same pink water as last time! lol

it darkened it but not much....
View attachment 896440

so i let it soak again for another 20 minutes, and i got my desired look!

while i was oven cleaning the parts, i put 2 vitamins water bottle caps in a tupper ware container, poured white vinegar into the tupperware but just below the vitamin bottle caps, put the copper neck, and copper lid (not the card) on top of the bottle caps, and closed the tupperware up! they stayed in there for 4 hours to darken alittle
View attachment 896442

i began weathering the emitter with some aluminum black, and broke out the acrylics to start a wash
View attachment 896443

View attachment 896444

the rest of the body just got washes of acrylic
View attachment 896446

View attachment 896447

i screwed up pretty big on this one though... usually with D rings, i cut alittle off each side to help slide over the cube. so i didnt even attempt to put the tri ring on first, i just cut... which turned on horrible because the tri ring slides in the hole and can expose the giant cut... very disappointed in myself on this one...
View attachment 896449

WARNING:
dont cut the tri-ring. i would try to put it on without cutting, you will end up seeing the gap removed.. i never thought of this, and this was my first tri ring install so live and learn :(

When assembled, i am very happy with it. this was a fun project and have to thank roman for doing this run!

View attachment 896450

View attachment 896451

View attachment 896453

View attachment 896454

Also want to thank my friend who got this for me! really appreciate it buddy!

So c'mon gang! show off your creepy uncles here!!!

-Danny

View attachment 787555

View attachment 896284

View attachment 896285

View attachment 896286

View attachment 896287

View attachment 896288

View attachment 896289

View attachment 896290

View attachment 896291

View attachment 896292

View attachment 896293

View attachment 896294

View attachment 896295

View attachment 896296

View attachment 896297

View attachment 896298

View attachment 896299

View attachment 896300

View attachment 896301

View attachment 896302

View attachment 896303

View attachment 896304

View attachment 896305

Amazing work!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back