RIP Dolores O'Riordan

Yeah, but still... ;) 46 year olds just don't drop dead...at least I didn't 4 years ago so there's that.

Have they given a cause yet? I hope it wasn’t due to suicide and depression. Seems like we are losing too many singers to that lately.

Have they given a cause yet? I hope it wasn’t due to suicide and depression. Seems like we are losing too many singers to that lately.

You're asking me? I couldn't even read her age right. :) Not that I have seen although she apparently has had some back problems recently but no idea how that would play into this unless it was a drug related issue.

So sad, hate to say it but probably suicide she did suffer from Bi-polar.

I hope she is finally at peace

So upsetting. Was a big Cranberries fan, saw them live 3 times. I always had a crush on Dolores. I really hope it's not suicide or drug related. R.I.P. Dolores.

R.I.P. Dolores. We played the S out of the Cranberries in college. Their songs easily stick in my head. Perfect road trip music. Usagi, might check out another band called from their era “Mazzy Star” with lead singer Hope Sandoval. (Wild Horses)

One of my favorite 90s groups! My first guess was drugs or suicide, since those are usually the case when they won't say cause of death. I hope we didn't have another music suicide already!

Just been listening to the album she recently recorded with The Smith's Andy Rourke under the name D.A.R.K. Really good stuff, Delores voice works surprisingly well paired with a male voicals and electronics.

I met a girlfriend at an early Cranberries gig, before they had the first album came out, brings it all back and seems like yesterday. Was so sorry to heat this, she was younger than me, it ain't right.

RIP Delores :(

R.I.P. Dolores. We played the S out of the Cranberries in college. Their songs easily stick in my head. Perfect road trip music. Usagi, might check out another band called from their era “Mazzy Star” with lead singer Hope Sandoval. (Wild Horses)
Yes sir...I remember seeing Mazzy Star in their first performance on MTV's 120 Minutes. Fell right into love with Hope. Rick & Morty used Look on Down From the Bridge recently, & it brought back some memories.

Man, this saddens me :cry
Their first album is an alt-pop masterpiece.
RIP, Dolores.
I'm off to spend the day listening to Cranberries...

- - - Updated - - -

Also check out The Sundays. And The Primitives.

Last edited:
one of the best female voices ever. so unique and good. was actualy in tears when i heard the news.

damn, just few months older than me. think ill make doctors apointment soon

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back