"What did you expect? Pumpkin Juice?"

ajhix

Update on post # 28!

"What did you expect? Pumpkin Juice?"

—Madam Pomfrey

IMG_0077.JPG

Okay. I have put this off for quite some time. This has probably been about a two year process....it's time to share......

When I saw HotShot's Skelegro for the first time, I just had to have one. This was well after his initial run and luckily the timing was right and I was able to purchase one of his bottles from the second run. For some reason I just really loved this prop and had to have one.

The bottle came in and I was very pleased. The details were great, and for a fan-made prop, I thought he did a wonderful job.

Hotshot's bottle:

IMG_0078.JPG

But.....I really wanted an actual bottle though, one I could put stuff in and use!

I decided to have the bottle 3D modeled to see if I could have a version that was an actual bottle! and then my perfectionism kicked in.......

(I am a perfectionist. Anyone that has worked with me will tell you I am finicky with details.)

Model 1

The first model I received was the model from ETSY. I printed it and decided it wasn't even close to what I wanted. I think I threw away the print.

Model 2

The second model I got was pretty good. I actually printed it twice adjusting the height and different things. Here is what it looked like next to Hotshot's bottle:

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_98b.jpg

This model was split into different pieces. I had to painstakingly glue them on correctly and adjust any gaps from the printer. This required filling and sanding. It did function as a bottle though, so I was satisfied with that.

The printed model on the left was after being pieces together. The printed model on the right was stretched to match sizing of Hotshot's bottle.

I decided that I was going to go with that for a while and set the whole thing aside.

Model 3

Time went on and I decided I would give this one more shot. I emailed Rob from Futurescape......

As I studied the prop from different pictures (taking pictures from both the Wizarding World in Florida and California, and seeing pictures of the screen used prop from the movie). I finally realized that I needed to stop comparing Hotshot's bottle to the one I really wanted.

I grabbed a bunch of pictures (I can upload those later if anyone wants them) and sent them to Rob.

Rob was great to work with, he even put up with my perfectionism. I had him edit the model so many times, I am sure he cursed me more than once. After numerous edits I finally had the prop I wanted. It functions as a bottle and is very, very good!

Here is the finished bottle! (And yes.... it is an actual bottle that can hold things!) I will add more pictures of the process this week. (I have changed the label already to one I think matches the screen used prop better. The one in the picture is a water slide decal. I never quite liked how it looked, so I made a different one I will share this week)

Please let me know what you think! More pictures coming this week!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2447.jpg

IMG_0077.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_98b.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2447.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_244e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done! Looks very close to the movies. I have a SkeleGro bottle that I bought from another artist and I love it, but it's not a real bottle (doesn't open and can't put liquid in it) ... Enjoy!

Please tell me you're doing a run of these!

If there was interest, I would be willing to make them available. I have thought about making kits that people could finish themselves i.e. (bottle, labels, outside packaging container (1st picture on post # 1)), so people could finish them how they wanted. I could probably do finished ones as well. Here is one fresh off the printer ready to be finished. I finally have the print settings down. There isn't a lot of clean up at all!

IMG_0086 2.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0087.JPG
    IMG_0087.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 207
It looks perfect! Tbh newer looking one seems more screen accurate! I am interested aswell if you decide to do a run! [emoji1433] please do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pretty awesome, how much would these be?

Hello everyone, it was a long week and I was out of town. I replied to those who messaged me regarding a run of kits.

So, I am not quite sure what a price point would be, but I did manage to print up almost 10 of these! If I don't sell them, I will line them up in my classroom, or give them away!

I will put up some pictures up when I get home, so everyone can see them. I want to show everyone the contents of the kit I have made up as prototype - and I will gladly take any suggestions!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back