2014 Movie Recommendations

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
As I said in my last thread, I am always on the lookout for good movies I haven't seen. They don't have to be blockbusters or Oscar winners. Just something good that I may have missed. Right now, I am looking back at 2014.

Here are the movies I liked from 2014.... and there are a LOT of them! If you can think of any movies from 2014 that you liked that aren't on this list, please post them and I'll give them a shot!

My top 3 films for 2014:
Edge of Tomorrow
John Wick
Nightcrawler

Worth Watching:
300: Rise of an Empire
American Sniper
Atlas Shrugged: Part III
Automata
Big Driver
Birdman
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Dracula Untold
The Equalizer
Exodus: Gods and Kings
Fury
Godzilla
Gone Girl
A Good Marriage
Halo: Nightfall
Hercules
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1
The Interview
Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit
The LEGO Movie
Lucy
Maleficent
Mercy
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Predestination
Robocop
Transcendence
Transfor.... no... can't recommend that one.... even though I have it.
Unbroken
The Voices
Whiplash
X-Men: Days of Future Past

I highly recommend the horror film "Oculus". Saw it twice at the theater and several times on disc. Great story, well acted with some very nice editing.

Don't see "Interstellar" on your list. Loved that one as well.

and...

"The Imitation Game" - another great pic.

Last edited:
I highly recommend the horror film "Oculus". Saw it twice at the theater and several times on disc. Great story, well acted with some very nice editing.

Don't see "Interstellar" on your list. Loved that one as well.

and...

"The Imitation Game" - another great pic.

Adding both to the queue!

Guardians of the Galaxy - A great experience all around. One of my favorite movies and the reason I got into props etc. Part 2 picks up shortly after the first. I would recommend both and making it a double-feature night.

Noah - A very brutal take on the biblical flood. Worth watching for the visuals alone.

I swear I saw more movies during 2014 but Interstellar made me forget all the rest. One of the most unforgettable film experiences of my life.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back