Houston Half Marathon - ran as Spider-Man

Ironman1406

I rented a Spider-Man costume from my local costume shop in Spring, Texas, for the 2018 Houston Half Marathon. Since I didn't have time to actually train for the HM, I decided to just go out and have fun instead. I ended up finishing with a 3h04m race that included a ton of stopping, talking with kids, etc. For those interested, my PR for a half is 1h52m and when I run casually, with training, I finish around 2h10m (or so).

What a great time! Both runners and spectators kept yelling, "Spider-Man!" or "Spidey!" A lot of runners snapped pics with me and of course I gave all the kids high-fives. Most wanted their picture taken too. Also, I kept hearing the runners around me saying they wanted to stay close to the suit because they can be in all the pictures. LOL!

It was my first time ever running in a costume and it was actually pretty easy. The only difficulty was the limited visibility with the lenses. I'm in the process of deciding on a suit to buy now so I can do my races in TASM suit as well as hospital visits, etc. The rental was over $80 but now that I know I can do a HM in a suit and it's received well, I'll buy.

Can't wait for my next race!

Attachments

• IMG_0875.jpg
    IMG_0875.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_0882.JPG
    IMG_0882.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0758.JPG
    IMG_0758.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 246
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back