Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull - 10 years later

The movie had more loopholes than the local legislation.

The graveyard ninjas? Who were they?

The Mayans coming out of the temple cracks? What's their story?

The triple agent deal with Mac... was that really necessary?

The great power sought by the Russians at Akator? What was it actually? Being sucked into a vortex and taken away?

The Mutt grapevine swinging sequence had me shaking my head.

That whole ending scene with Akator collapsing felt too Mummy Returns for me (some of the people in the theater said the same thing). In fact, this movie seemed to rip off The Mummy quite a lot. Take the big giant ants sequence. They swallowed a guy whole same way the scarab beetles swallowed their victims in The Mummy

When the fedora blew to Mutt's feet at the end and he tried to put it on, I was loudly saying "No! No! No! No! No!" LOL

I waited 19 years for that movie and was seriously disappointed. It was a movie that should have never been made.

I waited 19 years for that movie and was seriously disappointed. It was a movie that should have never been made.
I had to recheck the title of this thread as I was thinking maybe I was in a (NEW) Star Wars film thread :lol

I know... I know.... 'dems fightin' words! :p

Raiders is the perfect movie, I like Temple quite well & Last Crusade is decent. Either way, both the latter may be inconsistent but both had some great moments of true Indiana Jones.

Crystal doesnt have any at all.

Crystal Skull is certainly my least favorite of the four, but I didn't hate it. It felt awkward for me to see Indy so much older than the last time we left him in Crusade. I just really got the feeling that he's too old for these type of adventures. So what do they do? They WAIT ten plus years to do the next one making him even OLDER! Man, if I felt awkward before, I can only imagine how I'll feel in the next one! :facepalm

I still don't get why folks are fine with the raft bail out in Tod, but nuke the fridge is too far.

I mostly tolerate Temple, and I think it's primarily due to nostalgia. I don't like the raft bail out, but I turn my brain off for it.

I haven't watched Kingdom, but personally, the notion of surviving an improbable fall vs. surviving A NUCLEAR ****ING BOMB are different by orders of magnitude that my brain simply can't ignore.

- - - Updated - - -

Or a vodka sold by Dan Akroyd.

Which, much like this movie, I've also never experienced!

Man...what is it with me and crystal skulls?

I haven't watched Kingdom, but personally, the notion of surviving an improbable fall vs. surviving A NUCLEAR ****ING BOMB are different by orders of magnitude that my brain simply can't ignore.

f3c415cc5f38d904391f5113c5b464bb.jpg

Yeah it actually was. I can't think of too many movies I truly hate more than Crystal Skull. Hell I'd rather watch The Phantom Menace on an endless loop for a year straight that sit through that dumpster fire again.

I would agree with that. :) But I actually like Phantom Menace.

The nuked fridge was downright tame compared to the heart extractions in TOD. And there was the submarine in 'Raiders' . . .

We excuse these kinds of things when we like a movie. If we don't like the movie then we blame these things for killing it.

I didn't have that much of a problem with it. Is it great? No, but I didn't think it was horrible. There were a lot of cringe inducing lines though. I think Mutt says "Daddy O" or something. Any time an actor that isn't in a film from the 50-60s says that, it sounds wrong.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back