Looking for Luke's Green Milk Bottle from Ahch-To. Any ideas?

sw63

Hi,

Wanting to do a Last Jedi Luke costume and thought it would be kinda cool to go around drinking green milk.

8EbYw_s-200x150.gif

Anyone have any ideas on the bottle please?

Cheers.

"The horror...

...the horror...."

Well, it most closely resembled a hydration bottle of the type you would find at REI.

This is what I've come up with. Don't know how screen accurate it is - but it'll do the job for now.
Lalang plastic bottle from Amazon for £2.48. It did have a load of white text on it but it all came off very easily with a bit of light sanding.
Sprayed the lid silver, stuck a thin steel band around it and made a leather carrying case.
Haven't tried it with any milk yet. I'm just going to melt some mint ice cream. That should do the trick.

bottle.jpg

This was the Amazon listing: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MCTLGZR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
(Took just under one month to arrive)

Last edited:
Cool. I looked at the few screenshots I could find and it looks (to me anyway) that the bottom is metal. I found a similar glass water bottle and am planning on 3D modelling and printing the bottom and the top band for the bottle to sit down into. Then I have some dark grey pleather laying around here so hopefully that'll work as the strap.
Screen Shot 02-18-18 at 10.59 AM.PNGScreen Shot 02-18-18 at 11.00 AM.PNG

Nice screen shots. I thought about glass, but as I'm cosplaying with it I figured plastic would be safer. I wish I'd seen the bottom 'though (although I quite like my leather thingy!).

Good luck with yours and please post some pics when it's finished.

lol, the actual reason I'm doing this is kind of as a joke. My friends and I who all met through the 501st back in the late 90's / early 00's have all been really close and all love the OT, hated the prequels, and are kind of meh about the new stuff. We liked TFA well enough but for some reason, we ALL came out of TLJ just feeling bad. like the life was sucked out of us. I honestly hated it. I hated it less after watching it a second time but it's still my least favorite ( I don't even count the prequels).
ANYWAY, we talked about that stupid sea cow milking scene for days afterwards, and it still comes up in conversation about how completely pointless, and unnecessary that was.
Long story short, we have a tradition going that we'll all meet up on Blu Ray release day and watch it again together (we did it for TFA and RO). It's usually at my house and I usually grill food and provide copious amounts of beer.
Well I mentioned that we're more than likely having BBQ Porg for dinner (bbq chicken) as a joke and one of my buddies said, "I'm only coming if there's going to be green Sea-Cow milk."
So for a laugh, I'm going to make an accurate bottle and come up with some kind of awesome green milkshake type drink. I found some smaller bottles that look similar for cheap. I'll use the big one to store it, and will make smaller ones to give people to drink out of and take home with them.

Here's where I am so far.
1.PNG2.PNG
3.PNG4.PNG
5.PNG

Last edited:
Trent the model looks epic!! I’ve wanted this bottle because of the awkwardness of that scene

I have been referring to it as “ green *itty milk”

There is ways of making fake cola in vintage peps bottles, I want to find way to make green milk, even if it’s in solid state (like the fake cola)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

made a couple of tweaks to it to get the proportions closer. The bottle part of my model is based on the dimensions listed on Amazon for the bottle I ordered. So it may be a bit wider than the screen used one, but I don't know for sure until I get it in. But I'm mainly concerned with the proportions height-wise.

Animated Gif (only works for me if I click the image...)
giphy.gif

A little progress. I only had to adjust my files by .3 mm to get it to fit!

Bottle arrived
f7161e9267e6944d77c1d1ad6c549575.jpg

Looks like it'll work just fine.
93e7f992289d2022c1586c021644bb51.jpg

Here's the cap minus the silicone seal removed. It's too tall and needs a hole to more closely replicate the open mouth of the original.
98d88425984b759f6859615a492d3717.jpg

f120c1e967284b152cabc39208eeaf39.jpg

I marked and shaved 8mm off the bottom and then cut a hole with a dremel and drill bit, so that it was as wide as the cylinder on the inside of the lid. Used a grinder wheel to smooth it out and then a couple of minutes with some fine grain sand paper. 10 minute job total.
39fc1278b1a7ad6c84865127c9c39d62.jpg

6f1c8e136406a1b97675329085bcec88.jpg

38079da338f93294fa03ac395592822a.jpg

Now it's thinner and sits higher up, showing the neck which will be black (either painted or a 3d printed neck ring). I painted the cap silver and will show that once it's dry.
18e3a135aa7c52867a397365387400e8.jpg

b535e3f94ec666619ea991e4b3d2bebe.jpg

3D printed band test fit. Printing the base now.
268351f3ed5613cef2abb862700ff7d9.jpg

Last edited:
Damn trent!!!! That 8mm shaving really makes this thing pop!!!

Playing around with the strapping. This is just some webbing I had laying around. I’m not going to use this it’s just to test it out. My wife had a great thought in that it looks like it’s secures the same way those yoga mat slings work. So when I find the right material I’ll probably copy that design
7d4174f950e9362d27019d700cb53284.jpg

f7dfc7720e72c63d147cffe3cd35056d.jpg

Slapped a coat of silver on the base to get the color closer. Will probably dirty it up with a black wash
ce22e0a6b6ba186b4fbe98a5ceff6df2.jpg

Weathered the glass by misting the outside with a matte clear coat and then scratching it back off randomly with sandpaper.
972f0d84c4dd3a745e07f877920ccd90.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back