1/51 TIE 'NEEDA' SHUTTLE scratch build.

G'day all. I promised myself that after my TIE PUNISHER build my next one will be an out of box build. But it isnt so.
Here is the beginning of my interpretation of the Needa shuttle. Which i am going to nick name 'Flushie' due to the unique arrangement of the outer arrays.
I hope that it looks good at the end. Its definitely going to be a bit different as far as TIEs go.
20180113_085634.jpg
20180114_153201.jpg
Start build first design later...
20180114_202931.jpg

"Rushie" is a good name- that's the way ILM built it. They needed some sort of shuttle and did not have time to design what eventually became the Lambda

No rest for the wicked, eh? I'm looking forward to seeing this come together just like your brilliant interdictor.

K

Whew! You know your building has gotten a little sad when your build log has gone way back to page 6 on the RPF!!
I have finally done some painting and started the wash and subtle weathering.
20180224_133513.jpg
20180224_131929.jpg

Nice progress! I love the TIE shuttle. Always aggravates me when current licensed games get it wrong and just use a TIE bomber without the bomb shoot. The inverted wings are what this thing is all about.

--Alex

This build is really looking fantastic!
One question- are you going to have a traditional TIE Pilot control setup in one viewport and a 'passenger' version in the second?

I was originally going to put the standard tie frame/inst panel thing so it something was visible inside but i think now i am going to make the windows dark and very shiny like the lamda shuttle.

The Needa shuttle had such a strange way of moving in the original release. It was like it was moved through space on a large stick. :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back