Help with my Stormtrooper Shoulder Bells

Whiskey

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Need recommendations.

I have broad shoulders and it pushing the bells out to where there's a large gap in the armor.

I've tried shortening the strap that attaches the shoulder elastic straps to the bells to bring them closer, but its just pulling the elastic straps out with it.

Is there someone that makes larger bells?
Should I replace the white elastic shoulder straps to white nylon so they don't stretch out?

413735062.jpg

413735063.jpg

Thanks in advance

On that same vein, it also applies to my scout.
413735094.jpg

Last edited:
Common problem I've seen amongst the bigger guys quite a few times while trooping. Seems most guys just learn to live with it.

One thing I've done to mine is to give the bottom of the bells a hot-water bath. Then open them up gently. Seemed to work for me.

SB

Instead of elastic strap connecting the top of the bell to the chest armor, use more rigid fabric straps, and only use the elastic straps at the bottom of the bells holding it in place around the arm.

Maybe that could fix the problem?

Put some Industrial Velcro or E6000 on your elastic shoulder straps, and attach then to your abs shoulder straps. This way they won't get pulled out by your shoulder bell elastic straps. I'd suggest shortening your shoulder-bell-to-shoulder-strap length, and if it still looks funny, get some larger shoulder bells. Some makers sell spares. Head over to FISD for a list of makers.

Instead of elastic strap connecting the top of the bell to the chest armor, use more rigid fabric straps, and only use the elastic straps at the bottom of the bells holding it in place around the arm.

Maybe that could fix the problem?

Put some Industrial Velcro or E6000 on your elastic shoulder straps, and attach then to your abs shoulder straps. This way they won't get pulled out by your shoulder bell elastic straps. I'd suggest shortening your shoulder-bell-to-shoulder-strap length, and if it still looks funny, get some larger shoulder bells. Some makers sell spares. Head over to FISD for a list of makers.

thanks guys!! Much better.

still needs some tweaking. I’ll post pics soon

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back